cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic printing of PRT / Test Equiipment attachments to Task Lists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Is there any way to automatically print the contents of a document attached as a PRT / Test Equipment to an operation/characteristic in a task list at the point when an Inspection Lot is created or released, or together with the Shop Floor Papers (Inspection Instruction) output ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This functionality is normally handled by third party vendors like Seal or Prometheus.

You could do this with ABAP but I'm not sure how much work is involved.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John, there are ways to do this using ABAP and running a search of PRTs then opening on user's desktop for print. But, a good way to look at this for background printing, mass release of orders is through 3rd party software such as SEAL Systems.

Feel free to click my name and contact me if you still have questions.. I see this is a couple years old now

former_member230000
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for the shameless self promotion but we have a pretty good solution if you are looking for a packaged software. We decided to invoke the enhancement tab user exit to call our Work Order Print Manager (WOPM) software. calling WOPM displays a pop up with the following:

Order - Services for Object

Shop papers - SAP scripts or Smart Forms

Document PRT's on the operations - DMS

Equipment on the order header tab - Services for Object and DMS

Functional Location on the order header tab - Services for Object and DMS

Materials on the components tab - Object Services and DMS

Tasklist - Services for Object

Maintenance plan - Services for Object

Users can then check the items they want into a PDF document package. This is then sent to a printer or as an email attachment.

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=310182

for some screen shots take a look here...

A video can be seen here: http://prometheusgroup.us/videos/WOPM.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would like to know, how can I integrate the SEAL with SAP Netweaver to print the attachments available in the DIRs which are linked back to PRTs.

Looking for your soonet response.

Thanks,

Santanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

We implemented something similar - printing the contents of PRT documents attached to plant maintenance work orders. The only way we could get it to work within ABAP was the following steps:

1. Created print version of the files (file suffix .prn) and attached both the original format which were mainly PDFs and the print files to the SAP document.

2. Changed all printing to a dialog task in PM configuration, despite the fact that SAP don't recommend this due to performance issues. We haven't had any problems with performance as a result. The reason that printing needs to be in dialog mode is that files can only be read from network servers in dialog mode - it doesn't work in the update task.

3. Wrote custom code to upload the file in binary format from the network location, convert it into standard text format and then print it via a SAPScript form.

So, it can all be done within SAP, though it is rather clunky!

We are currently looking at replacing this with a third party solution, which will be used for all sorts of outputs from SAP, but it will be dependent on whether the money is available to pay for it. In the meantime, our homegrown solution does the job.

Regards,

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi john,

For this kind of functionality , you nedd ABAP development.

Whatever the document you will attached to PRT get directly print by making Ztransaction.

we have done the same thing.

when the iinspevtion lot get released call the z transaction, put inspection lot no and print concrened document.

Regards,

Nitin

Award Point if useful