cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Subcontracting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have my BOM set up as to produce X qty of finished material from Y qty of component.While raising the Subcontracting order , due to rounding problem the system has taken for X qty of finished material Y + Z amount of component is required, where Z is the extra qty due to rounding.

The user has issued Y qty of component to the vendor and vendor produced X qty of fuinished matl as usual.Howver , in ME2O system is still showing that extra Z qty of component still needs to issued to the vendor. As , it is an error how can I adjust this Z qty not to appear in the ME2O. Will MB04 work in this case?

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this should be solved based on the physical situation. Where is qty Z? Was it physically transfered to your vendor?

- If it wasn't > you can bring it back by MB1B + 542

- If yes > Was it consumed during the production of the F-30 material? If yes, you can use MB04.If not you should decide what to do with it. You can scrap it by MB1A + 551 O, you can bring it back by MB1B + 542, etc.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 13, 2008 1:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for your valuable reply. What essentially hapenned is , it is not sent to the vendor. Vendor is sent only the component qty Y. But as the component qty in PO is YZ , system is showing still Z is pending to be sent to vendor.Now it is not possible to ammend the component qty from YZ to Y in the PO so that in that case system doesnt show Z still to be sent to vendor.

Now system is showing Z still needs to be sent. I want to get rid of that in ME2O.

sam

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

As I understand a higher requirement comes from your subcontracting PO than it should based on the BOM. As I understand your PO is still open else you wouldn't see requirement.

I have no better idea than correcting the PO, but you said you cannot... The requirement comes from the PO...cannot you set the unit of that component properly and after that correct the PO (e.g. delete the existing line from the component list and add a new one to it with the proper qty?)

(In the long run you should eliminate this rounding problem...)

Latest you have to correct the qty when you do GR against this PO in MIGO...(either in MIGO or after the GR in MB04)

So, my suggestion is to correct the PO component list if you want to get rid of "Z" in ME2O.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have to chaneg it in the PO itself.May b i have to use some exit to automatically check the rounding issue.thanks for the input.

Sam

Answers (0)