cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple credit memo creation for single credit memo request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem is that I am able to repeatedly create multiple credit memos for the same credit memo request. The system is not stopping me by saying "This order is fully invoiced".

I observed the following in the customizing:

1. If the sales document category of the billing document (in VOFA transaction) is 6 (Intercompany credit memo), then I am able to create mulitiple credit memos against the same credit memo request.

2. When I change the sales document category of the billing document to O (credit memo), then the system stops me from creating multiple credit memos against the same credit memo request.

If I want to maintain 6 (intercompany credit memo) in VOFA and still want the system to stop me from creating multiple credit memos for the same credit memo request, then is there is any other customizing to achieve this?

Thanks,

Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shankar, most likely the billing status of your sales document is not updated. We have experienced the same (or similar?) issue with the intercompany documents and SAP refused to correct it. Here is a fragment of my message exchange with the SAP support:

We have already read the notes 63459 and 308989. They both do not apply
to our business process. The document flow mentioned in the notes is as
follows:

Sales order - customer billing document - intercompany billing document

Our document flow is different:

Contract - customer billing document - Intercompany sales order (could
be more than one order per customer billing document) - intercompany
billing document

The order-related billing status is not being updated on the
Intercompany sales order.

The process described in the notes implies one-to-one relationship
between the customer and inter-company billing documents and the sale
from a Plant that is assigned to another company. We are in the service
industry and sometimes the sale revenue has to be shared by 2-4
companies within our enterprise.

Good day. It is a standard system behaviour that if the billing document type has SD document cateogry '5' (field TVFK-VBTYP in transaction
VOFA). So it is an intercompany billing.
The order-related billing status VBUP-FKSAA is not affected by the
intercompany billing.
So its billing status remains opened, and can be billed more times.

This doesn't seem right to me. Maybe if more customers complain, they will do something about it.

To some extent this may be managed with copy requirements (VOFM), where you can prevent copying the credit memo line items that have been invoiced. However, this might still lead to the blank documents with 0 value, statuses won't be correct and in VF04 you would see the documents as not invoiced.

I had to do a core modification to resolve this issue in our system. In LV45P011 include I did the following:

* Faktura
*{   REPLACE        DC6K903001                                        1
*\  IF vbfa-vbtyp_n CA vbtyp_fakt AND vbfa-vbtyp_n NA vbtyp_fkiv.
  IF vbfa-vbtyp_n CA vbtyp_fakt.
*}   REPLACE

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Jelena Perfiljeva on Nov 14, 2008 11:09 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Jelena and Murali for the reply.

To achieve my requirement, I am thinking of changing the sales document category of the billing document to O (credit memo) - currently it is 6 (inter company credit memo).

Will this customizing change in the billing document definition (VOFA) level will have any impact on other areas? My fear is that this change should not have any regression.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Shankar

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not actually using any standard inter-company billing functionality (and it seems that you don't), then I think it is the correct solution to use a plain credit memo category. As usual, it doesn't hurt to run some tests to confirm. If the invoice posts to Accounting correctly, then it's fine.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shankar,

Check the copy control settings between your creditmemo request and creditmemo.

You mentioned that 2. When I change the sales document category of the billing document to O (credit memo), then the system stops me from creating multiple credit memos against the same credit memo request. so please do the comparision with the settings between Creditmemo requestInter company creditmemo and credit memo requestCredit memo.

You go to VTFA transaction select your creditmemo request and creditmemo type then go in to the header and item level check the settings with comparision of Creditmemo request and creditmemo settings.You check the field Pos./neg. quantity it shoul be + Positive

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.