cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does interactive form need acrobat 9 in EP 7 version ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the portal was upgraded to EP 7, the adobe form stopped working for one of the components.

Its about opening PO details in adobe form and when the link is clicked, a red cross is seen instead of form or there is pop up to install adobe software. Interactive form is used in this web dynpro component.

This issue is not for users having acrobat 9 version.

I am looking for.

1) what is the difference betw interactive forms in web dynpro and non-interactive forms?

2)Is there any way to make this work without having to upgrade the adobe version for all the users ?

thank you in advace for any help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dipti,

Most likely you see the red mark when you have ACF enabled forms and the AcroForm.dll must not have been installed correctly on their machines, as they might not be Administrators on their machines.

Check Note 766191,846952,1036205,1150277 for more details.

Interactive forms are the forms where user can "interact" with the form, enter the data, etc and Non-interactive should be the Print Forms.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

thanks for the reponse.

Could you please tell me that in NWDS when I look at web dynpro component view, how do I know whether a form is interactive form or not ?

There is a UI element Interactive form. So is there a different UI element for print forms ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

The requirement from client is that without doing any changes in the system of the users the problem should be fixed. (they dont want to upgrade acrobat on all the users machines, this is a hypercare problem, new version has already gone live)

In the note 1036205 - ACF Support for Adobe Reader 8.1 in SAP Interactive Forms they have listed the versions that support Acrobat 8 to view the interactive form.

But later in the note they have said that the Acrobat 8.0 is not supported.

If the given versions and higher are infact making possible the use of acrobat 8.0 why is it mentioned that its not supported ? Could you please help me understand ?

thanks very much

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dipti,

There is no separate UI element in NWDS. When you do a right click and edit the Interactive Form element, you open another Designer which is called Adobe LiveCycle Designer, just wanted to clarify it so that you don't gfet confused between Designer and NWDS.

Now in Adobe Designer, after the form is opened, from edit menu option --> Select form properties --> Goto Defaults tab --> See what's the preview type. If its Interactive then that means your Form is Interactive and if its Print then it will be a Print Form.

Also as per my knowledge Web Dynpro is recommended for Interactive Forms, so whenever you develop a form in WD (JAVA or ABAP) it will most likely be Interactive.

Coming to your other questions, at least I have seen on Adobe Forums @ SDN that people have had problems with Adobe Reader 8.0, Reader 8.1.1 is probably the best bet.

Adobe 9.0 is also working as you mentioned but can you let me know what's the version where the form does not work, as long as they have Adobe Reader 7.0.5 and above they should be good.

Just remove the ACF control as mentioned in note 846952 on the user's machine. Try opening the form once again, see if you get the prompt to load AcitveX installation and verify if you have done the necessary settings as per 1150277 and 766191.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chintan

thanks for all the valuable info.

the version of Acrobat is 8.1.2

When the link to open PDF is clicked on the portal, a blank page is seen and also a pop up is seen which asks to install some Acrobat Connect software.

When this is installed or if the version is upgraded to 9.0 the issue is resolved and the user no longer gets such error

But user doesnt want to do this.

Just remove the ACF control as mentioned in note 846952 on the user's machine. Try opening the form once again, see if you get the prompt to load AcitveX installation and verify if you have done the necessary settings as per 1150277 and 766191. -

> as we dont want to do anything on local machines, I did not try this. From SAP side the problem needs to be tackled hence from acrobat side we are not doing anything.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dipti,

If you can't get this done on lcoal machines, then lets change the form technology itself.

With NW7.0 SP5 onwards ZCI (Zero Client install) forms can be developed. The users will not get any prompt of installing a ACF control.

Where have you developed your forms in WD Java or WD ABAP or SFP? Also can let me know what's the SP level.

Please award if you find information useful.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I have awarded points bcoz the information is extremely useful.

The version is NW 7.0 SP15

The forms are in WD java.

thanks

dipti

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dipti,

Check Note 1042394 on how to convert your existing ACF forms to ZCI forms.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The note 1042394 does not work.

( I am searching for notes for words convert ACF into ZCI forms....)

thanks

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dipti,

Well that's strange as I also got not found error for Note number: 1042394 : Updating Interactive Form template with ZCI capability.

May be they re updating the note and hence its not available.

You can check that Note 1055911 - Creating ZCI based interactive Forms in Web Dynpro for Java also mentions about it.

Alternatively find my details in business card and I will forward the note to you so that you can proceed further.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .

for the issue described here, another approach (WDWebresource) for displaying PDF forms was used instead of Adobe document services.

this resolved the issue

this was possible by valuable inputs from chintan Virani

full points awarded

thanks v much

Answers (0)