cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF form does not open after saving to desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there

I have an interactive form used for printing. When the form opens, everything works perfect and it prints fine. When you save it to your desktop, the physical file size is very small, so no issue there. When I double click on the pdf on my desktop, the form takes ages to open or acroreader crashes.

I have the latest Acrobat reader. I have watched the acroread app in my taskmanager and the memory usages goes up to 700mb some time.

Any help would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try opening the same form with Acrobat Reader 7.0 or 8.1 and see if the issue persist..

Cheers

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the Hierarchy View of the Palette Tab, click on the first form(Root form) and for this form check any script written for all the events, if so then comment all the script and render the form and save it on the desktop and open the form.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

have tried it with both, and on different machines and with different forms. My adobe version is 8.1.2

the only script in the doc i could find is the auto generated script ContainerFoundation_JS

The form is only used for printing, so it does not need to be interactive pdf. No custom script was added to these pdfs