cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing of files in a particular order

Former Member
0 Kudos

My input files contain material Details.

Some files for material creation and some files for material updation .

If the material no is already present, then that is for updation,and if it is a new material number, then that is for creation. There is no indication in the input file, whether it is for creation or updation .

file1 may contain material number: 50 that is for creation and file2 contain same material number that is for updation.

So I want file2 to be picked only after file1 is processed. How can I achieve this?

I tried giving processing sequence Byname, but in some cases file2 is processed before file1, even though file1 is picked first.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u can schedule ur adapter .

please have a look of this link

regards,

navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just use RFC LookUp in your mapping, this RFC lookup will check the material number from the database and if it is present then you should update it and if it is not present then you should create it. I don't think there is any need of particular order for this.

So lets say for your example, you picked up the file and RFC Lookup will check the material numer 50 and if it is not present then send these data to create the material, so nex time when you pick the another file with the same material no, the RFC lookup will let you know what to do.

BTW what is your scenario, are you doing file to proxy?

Let me know if I have understood you correctly.

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Narath ,

Check with the SAP Application MM pepole. If you use a standard IDoc for Material master

the update\creation might be done by the SAP application itself.

verify with them the isue and create a standad File to IDoc scenario. BPMs are resource concemptions of PI and have rules of thump for usage.

Good luck.

Nimrod Gisis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

If you have PI 7.1 another option would be to work with ccBPM and then using lookup functionality in a "pseudo" message mapping to find out (via RFC) in the backend system whether material already exists or not.

Regards,

Volker

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried giving processing sequence Byname, but in some cases file2 is processed before file1, even though file1 is picked first.

In the interface determination, make sure that "Maintain Order at Runtime" checkbox is ticked.

Also in the sender file channel, use the mode as EOIO.

Regards,

Prateek