cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS registration error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made new installation of SAP NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP Trial in a Windows Xp machine. After the installation i could not find the CCMS agent listed in transaction rz21 -> Topology -> Agents for Local System ( also there is no data CCMS Monitor Sets ). So i tried registering the CCMS agent in the local CEN. While registering the CCMS agent in the local CEN using sapccmsr, i am getting the below error :

C:\SAP\NSP\SYS\exe\run> SAPCCMSR -r -f C:\SAP\ccms-agent\csmconf pf=C:\SAP\NSP\SYS\profile\NSP_DVEBMGS00_WIN-XP

INFO: [NSP:000:DDIC] connected to NSP, host win-xp, System Nr. 00, traceflag [ ]

INFO: NSP release is 701 , (kernel release 701 )

ERROR: [NSP:000:CSMREG] calling SALS_MS_GET_LOCAL_MS_INFO via RFC failed, can not get version of NSP. RfcRc = 2, C_CALL_FAILED

INFO: Updated saprfc.ini in agent work directory C:\SAP\ccms-agent\sapccmsr

ERROR: Registration failed: Can't get version of NSP. RfcRc = 2, C_CALL_FAILED RFC Error Info for SALS_MS_GET_LOCAL_MS_INFO message: status: EXCEPTION C_CALL_FAILED RAISED intstat:

I followed the steps mentioned in below link for registering the CCMS agent :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/48/6a76607a7c91409474ad6c7b6f5a26/content.htm

Any ideas why this error occurs and how to fix it ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

No need to mention the path of csmconf, you can just place the file in that folder & then run

sapccmsr -r pf=.....

This will ask for parameters & then you can install SAPCCMSR successfully.

You can also try with this

Agent Start Command

SAPCCMSR sapccmsr u2013DCCMS [pf=<profile path>]

SAPCCMSR u2013j2ee sapccmsr u2013j2ee u2013DCCMS pf=<profile path>

Follow the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/48/6a76607a7c91409474ad6c7b6f5a26/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i use the SAPCCMSR -DCCMS pf=C:\SAP\NSP\SYS\profile\NSP_DVEBMGS00_WIN-XP it registers without any error. I get print in the command prompt saying

INFO: Reconnected to Monitoring Segment [SAP_CCMS_app-xp1],...

However i am still unable to view the CCMS agent or get any data in CCMS monitor sets.

I deleted the parameters alert/MONI_SEGM_SIZE and rdisp/autoabaptime from the profile. Then tried registering using the option sapccmsr -r and i get the below error at the end of registering the agent :

Try to connect ...

INFO: Updated saprfc.ini in agent work directory C:\SAP\saploc\PRFCLOG\sapccmsr

ERROR: Registration failed: Can't get version of NSP. RfcRc = 2, C_CALL_FAILED

RFC Error Info for SALS_MS_GET_LOCAL_MS_INFO

intstat:

INFO: dsr: dsrlib unloaded.

EXITING with code 1

Now when i registered the CCMS using the SAPCCMSR -DCCMS pf=C:\SAP\NSP\SYS\profile\NSP_DVEBMGS00_WIN-XP, it registers with the below messages:

INFO: Created Shared Memory Key 1008 (size 40000000)

INFO: Connected to Monitoring Segment [CCMS Monitoring Segment for win-xp, created with version CCM

S version 20040229, 32 bit multithreaded, compiled at Jul 16 2008, kernel 7010_20020600_7, platfor

m 560 (PC with Windows NT)]

segment status WARM_UP

segment started at Sun Nov 16 00:35:20 2008

segment version 20040229

However again i am unable to view the CCMS agent or get any data in CCMS monitor sets. Any thing i am doing wrong over here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

did you restart the instance after deleting the parameters? If not the instance will not recognize them...

And again: please do not use any profile when using sapccmsr.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thanks a lot for the tip. After i restarted the instance, CCMS agent got registered without any issues ( i used sapccmsr -r command for registering the agent )

Thanks and Regards, Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

> I have made new installation of SAP NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP Trial in a Windows Xp machine.

and this is the reason of your problem

> also there is no data CCMS Monitor Sets

In the ABAP Trial system the monitoring is deactivated. You need to activate the CCMS by deleting the parameters alert/MONI_SEGM_SIZE and rdisp/autoabaptime from the profiles.

AFAIR these parameter are set to 0. Deleting them will cause the system to use the default values.

> C:\SAP\NSP\SYS\exe\run> SAPCCMSR -r -f C:\SAP\ccms-agent\csmconf pf=C:\SAP\NSP\SYS\profile\NSP_DVEBMGS00_WIN-XP

And please don't use the instance profile with sapccmsr (this is only used when monitoring a J2EE instance). Registration should be successful simply using sapccmsr -r

Regards, Michael