cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit button in Interactive form WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created one WD ABAP interactive form using one BAPI. I have placed one Submit button on the form which is of type (webdynpro native). And i have defined on action in WD. But when I click on submit button the action is not trigerring. I tried even with Webdynpro Active x type but still no use.

How can I link the button in form to action?

With Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

There is onSubmit event in Web Dynpro where you can create your own method for data processing.

If you have set displayType as native then you should be using Submit button from WD Native Library in Designer.

Once you place the button on the form, check if following script is present in the click event of button in Script editor of Designer or not.

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - SubmitToSAP.xfo
 ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");
// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

Also check Control Type in Object Palette for the button. It should be Regular.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chintan,

"If you have set displayType as native then you should be using Submit button from WD Native Library in Designer."

Thats where I went wrong and now its working fine. And also I updated my adobe 7.0 to Adobe 8.1 to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am facing the issue. i have a doubt. when u select the webdynpro native submit button and select the click event, select the language as java script and what should be the Run at option . there are 3 options: client, server, client and server . which one we need to select?

thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You need to create the Submit Button on the WebDynpro VIEW, then in the button properties you will find "EVENTS" in that you will see "onAction" there you can specify the action.

Regards

Pradeep Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

But I want to have button in the Interactive form.

Ravi