cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start server in debug mode by default

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever the server starts it does not start in debug mode.

One has to manually start the "SDM" and "Server0" in the debug mode.

Is there a way I can make the server start in debug mode for the first time itself.

regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

GO to

C:\usr\sap\<Instance Name>\JCXX\j2ee\cluster\instance.properties file and enable

Update the following variables as shown below. The server will start in debug mode automatically whenever you restart the server...

<Instance Number>.DebugMode=yes

<Instance Number>..Debuggable=yes

/Srikanth.

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

You can start the server in debug mode using config tool. Just open cofig tool (/usr/sap/<SYS ID>/JC<SYS NR>/j2ee/configtool/configtool.bat).

Click on the your instance. Then under the tab Servers Debug check Debuggable and also Enable Debug mode.

Restart the engine now.

However a word of caution: Starting the server in debug mode decreases the system performance. You should only start the dev server in debug mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

> However a word of caution: Starting the server in debug mode decreases the system performance. You should only start the dev server in debug mode.

Hi Sidharth,

What if I need to debug my production server. Could you please help, how is this possible.

Cheers

Umang

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umang,

The same i as mentioned above you can start any server in debug mode.

but not advisable for production server.

as when you start debugger from NWDS, it will deploy your appliction on production through SDM and then starts to debug it.

if your production server is not in any NWDI. means if you deploy on your production server through NWDS(by sdm).

then you can do it.

if its in NWDi then dont do it