cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting changes from one system to other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created new lookup table in development system and added some data inthis table, but when i transported this to Test system,Table got transported but there was no data in it..

e. g

Look up table created was Brand

with data Castrol, Mobil etc..

When this was transported via export/Import repository schema only Lookup table Brand was created and there was no data..I had to go and add the data (Castrol,Mobil) again..

Does that mean Export/Import repository schema doesnot transport any data inside the table and transports only the table??

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

As rightly said in the above post, import/ export of repository schema will just transport the structure of your data model.

To transport the data along with the structure, you can use the archieve/unarchieve feature.

When you archieve the repository, you get options tab.By default the archieving is done with data.

If you want to archieve scenma only, then you need to select the radio button for schema only.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes u r right, during import/export of repository schema only table structure is exported.

For complete data you need to take 1) Archive of the Repository- Right click on repository>Archive

2) No tranport this repository on specific server and unarchive. In this way all configuration with data will be present,

Regards

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Yes its true that Export/Import Repository Schema transfers only Schema without data. In your case instead of using Archieve/UnArchieve command syndicate the lookup records and import it in another system else you want to replicate entire repository then use Archive/UnArchive commands.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Yes,Export/Import schema as the name suggests only exports and imports the repository Schema ie structure without the data.

To export the schema along with the data use Archieve/Unarchieve repository.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto