cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Painter Report for Profit Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating a report for profit center in GRR1.I was using library 8A3,& ledger 8A.which uses for PCA line i tems and table used is GLPCT.which shows profit center totals by period.I ran GLPCT in SE16 and found out No data selected.I see that profit center accounting is not active in my system ECC6.0

and I didn't see any line records for profit center in any of the profit center tables.GLPCA.Now if someone knidly suggets me how to achieve this report, can I still do it profit center wise or not? which library should i use in GRR1.The layout of my report is as under.Thanks

CURRENT MONTH*

Current Yr Current Yr Prior Yr

Actual Budget Actual Variance

YEAR TO DATE

Current Yr Current Prior Yr Annual

Actual Budget Actual Budget Variance

Regards

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

In ECC6 GLPCT table is deactivated.Profit center is mapped at GL level. So use table FAGLFLEXT.

Creat liabrary using this table ,choose characterstics & key figure. Then only you can create report.

If you want any help further please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joshi & Arif for you guidance.

In table FAGLFLEXT I found out data for period 16,2008when I give range of period 1-11. i dont see anything.we are not using 16 periods, only 12 and 2 special.So I am thinking of using library 0FL which uses this table FAGLFLEXT.Is this correct or do I need to use something else? and how do I pull up data by profit center wise.As I told you profit center accounting is not active in our ECC6.0 system and hence it wont generate any line items for profit center from accounting side.So how am I gonna get the data for profit center.Thanks

Regards

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maverick:

If PCA is inactive in your ECC6.0 system, then you will see no data under ledger/ lib 8A*.

You will need to use one of the New GL libraries like: 0FL hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arif,

Can I build up my report for profit center using 0FL library and table FAGLFLEXT? if PCA is not acitve, how system gonna fetch the data for profit centers using this 0FL.

Regards

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest Use transaction code GR21 creation of Z Liabrary & give table name as FAGLFLEXT.Then choose characterstics , key figures as per your report requirement & create report using this liabrary & assign that report to new Z report group ( transaction code GR51).

Do not use OFL.

FAGLFLEXT should have all data from the period when new GL is activated.Then only you can deactivate GLPCT till that time both tables get updated.This is a standard practice.

In new GL profit centers are captured at GL level and all data will be available in this reporting table,consider leading ledger only.

Regards,

Abhijit

Edited by: Abhijit Joshi on Nov 14, 2008 6:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joshi for your help.I will do that.

Just a quick question.I have created another report for cost of sales and I created a report group in GR51 and then assigned my report to that report group.When I got to execute my report in GR55.For report group filed when i take a drop down I dont see my report group among other report groups in that drop down list,though if I put the name of my report group ,the report pulls up.Why can't I see my created report group in drop doen list.Btw after creation and assignment of my report to that report group, I hit the Generate Button and msg.says my report group is generated.It should be available in drop down list,but its not there.What else I need to do ?Thanks

Regards

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While executing you have restricted system to maximum number of hits for e.g. 500 increase that to maxixmum so that you can check your group.When you se drop down list there is small arrow above the list click on that.

Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhijit , I can now see my report group at the bottom of the list .I assigned you full points.I posted another question regarding report painter .If you could also give me some guidance on that.When I was creating rows and updating cost elements with account numbers.I set up 3 revenue accounts and then ran the report to see if I get any data for profit centers.I did get data but when I double clicked on one of the account,it displays this messsage.I read the msg. but could not make any sense with it.for example in definning row I put account number from/to 400000- 400000 Explode. and thats a characteristic.

No valid master data for characteristic 'Account Number'

Report MEG1 does not contain any data pages.

No valid master data for characteristic 'Account Number'

Message no. GR633

Diagnosis

No valid master data within the specified interval was found for the characteristic 'Account Number'.

Explanation:

For each characteristic that is processed in a report, the Report Writer optimizes the interval limits which are relevant for selecting data from the database.

Example:

A report contains the characteristic 'account', for which an account interval from 100000 to 200000 has been entered. However, if the master data validation shows that the lowest/highest account in this interval is 110000/190000, the selection will be limited to accounts 110000 to 190000 only.

The system returns this error message if no master data exists for the interval.

This error is typically caused by an invalid version. In FI-SL Special Purpose Ledger, for example, versions are assigned to the ledger and are defined in configuration. The report definition can then contain a non-defined version. A similar situation applies to controlling (cost center accounting): here, versions are assigned to the controlling area and fiscal year and can be defined in planning.

Another cause of this error is a ledger that is not assigned to the table for which the report was created.

Technical information:

The field name for 'Account Number' is 'RACCT'.

System Response

The system cancels processing.

Procedure

Check the report definition, or the specified master data, or the intervals.

Regards

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Prima facie it is relating cost element master & category please check that.

Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijit,

I checked the account, master data exist and the account is created as cost eolemnt with category 11.I dont know why I am getting this error message.Can you suggest me something.Thanks

Regards

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your liabrary whether characterstic is defined properly in that.

regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijit,

I checked the library also,Field RACCT forAccount number is defined and mapped in the characteristic.I already checked the master data for the cost element, it also exist.Is this may be related with the number interval defined in report writer for account.Where can I found this interval?Thanks

Regards

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhijit,

RACCT characteristic is defined in the library.Is this error msg. may be related with number interval.?

Regards

Shaun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member774432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. go to FGI4 Create for FAGLFLEXS reporting for table FAGLFLEXS

2. Go to FGI1 Create for FAGLFLEXS reporting for table FAGLFLEXS, based on "FGI4"

3. Execute ur Report in FGI0

Thanks

Bhagiradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FGI6 & FGI0 will give drill down reports which are not technically report painter reports.The basic difference here is in drill down reports you have to design forms seperately & report seperately which is not the case for report painter report.Report painter reports are more user friendly & flexible compare to drill down reports.

Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you view GLPCT under SE16, you cannot use any date parameters to pull up data. The data is recorded in key figures KSLxx, MSLxx, TSLxx where xx is the number of the period from 01 to 16.

Pull in these columns and display them, you will see your data.

Hope this helps,

Arif