cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP - API Porblem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to connect MDM Server from R/3 by using ABAP APIs.

But i am getting following error while connecting to Repository.

Error Message is " NiRaw2ConnectError: Connection refused".

Can any one tell me the Reason?

Thanks,

Sekhar.J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

In addtion to Simona, I would like to mention that for a trusted connection between MDM and your R3 system, you need to do 2 settings:

1. Create and Allow.Ip file with the IP address of the R3 server and place that in the MDM server folder. This enables a trusted connection between MDM and R3.

2. You also need to do the User Mapping. Thats means, your ECC user has to be created in MDM also in the User table. Password is not required to mentioned in MDM.However you can still put it.

So this ensures User Mapping also. So you please ensure that you have completed these 2 steps.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks & Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin/Simona,

Can you please let me know the exact location for allow.ip and deny.ip. Actually We are using UNIX environment not the Windows. We kept these files in : /home/mdm/mdm/mds. We are not sure, whether this is the right location or not. Please confirm me correct location.

I know the location for these file in Windows as:

\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Server

Thanks,

Sekhar.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekar,

These files have to be in the MDM server path folder.

So where ever you have installed your MDM server Save these files under the same path.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

This error may be due to a connection error between the Abap and the MDM server.

To establish a trusted connection between the two,it is necessary that the ABAP server is given permission to access the MDM server.

This is done by configuring the allow.ip file.

You need to :

- Create a note pad file name and in that write the IP address of the ABAP server and save it as Allow.ip

You can follow the below link to understand more on the ABAP -MDM configuration:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e03247a3-2f2a-2b10-4987-a2d8b2ce...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/tip%2b%2bMDM%2bABAP-API%2b%2bThings%2bto%2bRemember%2b(for%2bStarters)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto