cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email notification in process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi BW Gurus,

I am trying to configure email notification in process chain to monitor some load. SCOT is configured correctly.

When I use SO00, I can send out and email using Recip Type "Internet Address".

however when I want to configure that in the process chain, I cannot save it as Recip Type "Internet Address".

It will automatically change it to "Internet" which I will never receive any email.

I am using BW 3.5

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

I think your facing problem with configuration. So try recheck your routing (SMTP serve ).

If things are fine, u can use SO00 or SCOT, testing ok for 'routing test' (ctrl+f10)

Try to find the the status in SOST.

If you need configuration help, plz let us know.

<b>Thanks & Regards</b>

Srinivasa Rao Polapala

srinivasa_polapala@yahoo.com

Bristlecone India Ltd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus,

I do not know what to day,

the SO00 is working fine, I can send test mail with no issue.

But the SCOT (ctrl+f10) is not working. When I try SCOT, although everything looks good, when I click on test, there is no email generated, and when I click on explain button, everything seem to be fine.

thanks

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in SO00 you can send mail, but can you receive the internet mail in your mailbox ?

what's the message you got in scot ? no route something ?

success may have message like

Step 1: Check entered addresses

Following address (type/value shortened) receiv

INT ...

No error in this step

Step 2: Determine node

No error in this step

Step 3: Convert address into an external format

No error in this step

fail message can be

In this step, the following error was identified:

Cannot process message, no route from [user] to [internet email address]

• please don't forget to reward helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi AHP,

SO00 is good, I get my email .

the SCOT routing test is good.

no errors in all steps.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chian,

you have to schedule RSCONN01 periodically, this is the send program for mails (Variant: SAP&CONNECTALL)

/manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

the schedule is good. It was configured to send every 5 minutes. I do receive the email if it is send from SO00.

the problem now is,.. I cannot select "Internet Mail" when I try to add a notification in process chain when the process fail.

Although I can see it in the drop down list, it will always select "Internet" instead of "Internet Address".

thanks.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think thats fine. as manfred said you have to schedule a job or in the u can see in the SCOT messages are waiting then press the execution button and it will be processed. do you can get any messages in the dump. let me know if it got solved..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiang,

it makes really no difference, it's only a little bit funny, sometimes I use the first and sometime the other, result will always in correct delivered mails.

/manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Manfred.

you are right, it makes no different. The problem is because of the time out period is too long, in some case, the status will be yellow forever.

For example, the load fail, but the status is still in yellow status for like more than 8 hours, so no email was sent.

Is there anyway we can configure the timeout period of a particular process chain. For example, if the load is not sucessfull in 3 hours, just trigger the email notification.

thanks.

Message was edited by: Chian Fong Woo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chian,

for this we created some 2 abap's and the following scenario to watch overdued chains.

- a table where we store chainnames we want to watch, max runtime, emailadressee, starttime + watchstatus (running or overdued or ended)

- abap1 as first step of chains to watch who sets startime and status running

- abap2 scheduled to run each 5 mins, who looks at this table and watches if a status=running chain is overdued, if a chain is overdued set status to ended and email user.

/manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, actually I am hopping for some standard solution.

It seem like we cannot escape ABAP.

do u mind posting the coding on the post (if it is not too long)

Thanks for your help !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

We have the same problem, and your solution seems good.

Can I get your 2 abap codes?

Best regards,

mohamad@checkpoint.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chian,

to much code for posting, if you wish I can send it by email (also will not forget Mohamed). As email from my office is restricted I can do that this weekend from home.

/manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help.

cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chian,

latest on sunday I'll send you a doc + programs

/manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Can you also send me the info and the programs as I am interested to see if this option can solve my problem. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim-Moh,

post your email id.

/manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please send the documentation to me, I'm really interested about it.

my e-mail address is: jorge_r_c@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Can you explain some more detailed about how you designed that scenario. if possible can you forward the code to me gnagesh02@yahoo.com

Thanks in Advance.

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Could you please send the ABAP code and any document related to handling email alerts for yellow request (long running) in process chains.

I am in urgent need of it and would be of great help if you can send them.

My id is emailpavana@yahoo.com.

Thanks and Regards

Pavana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manfred, you still have the abap code? could you send to me?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VijayasekarK
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check with the transaction SOST . This transaction will show about the status of your mails.

If your mail is available in SOST , then there is a problem in routing ( SMTP server ) else check your SMTP configuration in SCOT.

Regards,

Vijay

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in SCOT, testing ok for 'routing test' (ctrl+f10) type INT with internet email address ?