cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical system and partner profile configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a SQL server which is defined as a Business system in my landscape. It is sending records to ECC 6.0 which makes it a JDBC to IDOC scenario (inbound IDocs)

First question is do I have to mention a logical system name for the SQL server Business system too ?

Second question is do I create a Logical system in the ECC system (BD54/SALE) for the SQL system or would it be for the client of the ECC system itslef?

Third question is do I maintain partner profile configurations in WE20 for the SQL business system or for the ECC business system?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

> First question is do I have to mention a logical system name for the SQL server Business system too ?

Yes, In SLD You have to specify logical system name of the SQL server business system while creating SQL system.After importing business system into Integration directory,in Adepter-Specific Identifiers you can see logical system name of SQL server business sytem which you defined in SLD.

> Second question is do I create a Logical system in the ECC system (BD54/SALE) for the SQL system or would it be for the client of the ECC system itslef?

Yes,You have to create Logical system in ECC system for SQL system(Logical system name must be with the same name as logical system name you have given in XI SLD in previous question)

> Third question is do I maintain partner profile configurations in WE20 for the SQL business system or for the ECC business system?

In WE20 You have to maintain partner profiles for SQL server Logical system

For example: If SQL server Business system name is SQLDEVBS and logical system name is SQLDEVLS

In ECC you have to create logical system as SQLDEVLS and

Partner profiles for SQLDEVLS in WE20.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers,

JAG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jag, Your answer was very helpful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

First question is do I have to mention a logical system name for the SQL server Business system too ?

Its a good practice so Yes. Mention Logical system name for your SQL server in BS

Second question is do I create a Logical system in the ECC system (BD54/SALE) for the SQL system or would it be for the client of the ECC system itslef?

Yes you need to create the logical system in ECC BD54/SALE

Third question is do I maintain partner profile configurations in WE20 for the SQL business system or for the ECC business system?

Yes you need to create a partner profile for the sender system

With this you need to have RFC destination in XI -> ECC

Need to create a port for the RFC destination you have created in XI (IDX1)

Thanks

Gaurav