cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eMail Coniguration in transaction SCOT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have sceduled a job with a user(xyz) in ECC, which runs everynight and send emails to customers with sender address xyzATabc.com as expected but when a customer replys back to that email it should go to efgATabc.com instead of xyzATabc.com.

Is that a configuration somewhere in ECC or in RFC or a Batch job? please help!

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bose,

I know it has been too long since you posted this message. But, we have the same situation here.

Could you please let me know how did you configure the background job to run every night that sends out emails using that particular email address only?

We are looking for the same solution. We wanted to configure a job that processes messages in SOST and sends out to users from only a single email address irrespective of who is actually sending the message.

In a nutshell, SOST sender should be one.

Appreciate if you can provide me a solution.

Thanks,

Ravali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a little confused as to if you want emails to be delivered back to the SAP system or the end users? However, in general, if you want email to be delivered back to the SAP system, you should make sure that you have created a email address in su01 for the "FROM" user. Communication between the mail gateway and the SAP system is done through the 'default domain' that is setup in SCOT.

I dont belive there is "reply to" address which is different than the email address you setup for the user who's name will appear on the from tab.

If you are just looking for emails being send to a specifc group to be redirected to a different group, you have to talk to your exchange group, i'm sure they can configure that for you, pretty quickly. Then this question is not related to SAP at all. I hope this help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Look at note 455140, page 5, section d). You can configure "inbound processing" in SCOT to forward the incoming emails at a specific address to some other address. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply. SAP sends out emails to customers using a group email id created on exchange server(email server), when the customers replies back to that group id the reply comes to the exchange server and distriuted to the ids listed in that group, so i dont understand how SAP could forward the incoming emails to a new group id when the emails are not coming to SAP itself?

I believe while the emails is being sent out from ECC, there must be a setting where we could set reply-to address as well, correct me if i am wrong.

Please help.

Thank you.