cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

working of Sync Messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question about the working of Sync Messages in XI.

My scenario is file(async) to rfc(sync) to file(async).

Situation 1)

There are say 10 files. Each file is dropped in the input folder after 2 min interval. The file size may vary , in the sense, the 1st file can be very large and the 2nd one can be very small.

File adapter polls every one min, so it will pick up only one file in one poll in EO mode.

My question is:

Will XI send the files to the RFC for the 1st file first, wait for the response and then send 2nd file , 3rd,, so on ... or is there no guarantee that the files will be in the order they are picked?

For XI to call in sequence, should i make the file adapter EOIO? or will this work as EO?

Situation 2)

All the 10 files are available at the same time for the polling file adapter and all of them are picked by By Date. How will XI call the sync RFC now? Again will it send the 1st file picked , wait for response and then send 2nd file etc with EOIO and EO?

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji M on Nov 12, 2008 3:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji

For situation one

Will XI send the files to the RFC for the 1st file first, wait for the response and then send 2nd file , 3rd,, so on ... or is there no guarantee that the files will be in the order they are picked?

For XI to call in sequence, should i make the file adapter EOIO? or will this work as EO?

AE will pick send the data to IE and will not wait for response as File to RFC is async in nature. File adapter does not support Sync. This applies to any case if you use BPM for File-> RFC-> File or without BPM using Standard modules. Implementing EOIO also it doesn't guarantee the order of picking the file only the order to process is as per queue.

All the 10 files are available at the same time for the polling file adapter and all of them are picked by By Date. How will XI call the sync RFC now? Again will it send the 1st file picked , wait for response and then send 2nd file etc with EOIO and EO?

If you are referring to processing sequence then By Date is OS Time where file adapter will be polling. here also the behavior is going to be same as per my understanding.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

In such cases EOIO would a better option.

regards,

Milan

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EO and EOIO are the processing mode at IE level.

as you are dropping file after every 2 min. this time is sufficient to process the first file and the order will be maintained.

better to go for EOIO in ur scenario,although not gauranteed.

thanks