cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop IDOC receiver channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have what seems like a simple question about IDOC receiver channels, but I have yet to find an elegant answer.

My scenario is a Non-SAP system with an http sender through XI to an R/3 IDOC receiver. My R/3 system will go down for upgrade for a 2 day period but the external system will continue to send messages.

I suspect the IDOCs will queue in XI while R/3 is down because the RFC destination is unreachable, but I would like to stop attempts to send while the R/3 system is down.

I know about availability times for other channels but this technique is not available for IDOC. Is there some way of scheduling the IDOC distribution from XI so that no attempt to send to R/3 is made during the outage ???

Thanks in advance,

Guy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can put a wrong target server string in the RFC destination in SM59 or a wrong password in the logon tab or specify a wrong port .

there's no other way to deactivate an RFC destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthik,

That's exactly what I did to demonstrate what might happen (used the wrong password). The message went into error, I reset the password and re-processed and all was fine.

It just seems to me that there should be a cleaner way - maybe something in QOut scheduling ??

Thanks,

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I may have found the answer I'm looking for.

In SXMB_ADM, I can de-register outbound queues. In this condition, the message status is not errored but 'scheduled for outbound processing' . Once the queues are re-registered, the messages are sent without any further action. More elegant I think (but of course the same net effect !)

Thanks,

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you de-register then it will get stuck in the outbound queue .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As IDOC Adapter does not give Adapter Status option to make it inactive . The above suggestion can only help you my friend , there is no other way as IDOC adapter is from ABAP stack.