cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12.0 on multiple JVMs

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are running MII 12.0.2 on Linux and for a better performance we decided to go for 3 JVMs on the server (seems a Windows environment does not support multiple JVMs but Linux does but I may be wrong).

All's well with this but recently I have observed certain inconsistencies with this environment. For example , I went ahead and Deployed JDBC driver for Oracle , created a new connection successfully.

Next time I logged into MII , I realized this connection was not working and the JDBC driver screen showed the status as Not Deployed. I thought it was very strange!

After some research I found that it had to do something with the multiple JVM environment.

I was able to open up two sessions which were on different JVMs (I can say this for sure as the Active Sessions were different accross these ) and one of them had the connection working / JDBC driver deployed while the other had the opposite , as in a red status for the connection & Not Deployed for the driver.

So it seems that with three JVMs (which were in just for load balancing) MII is behaving as 3 individual instances!! Somehow the JVMs are not synchronized.

This is the first time I have come accross a multiple JVM installation, Does anyone has had this experience before? MII or any other Java app on multiple JVMs?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Udayan,

When you say 3 JVM instances do you mean Server Instances or 3 seperate JVMS installed on a machine like 1.4.2, 1.5.0, etc. I am assuming the first as in Server Instances. There is an issue with MII 12.0.2 and earlier, as content does not get pushed out correctly to all the server instances. This has been fixed in MII 12.0.3 and above. Just remember with 12.0.3 and greater you will need NW SP14 or greater.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes your assumption is correct.

I guess that was simple enough. I need to plan for an upgrade then.

Thanks

Answers (0)