cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have one interface that is already there in production.

Now we got some changes, which i need to move to production. In the back up plan we have decided that we will again import the old XIQ transport file and get the previous objects in production.

To tryout that, i tried to import XIQ file into XIS system, but no change.

I am not able to see the changed objects in XIS, they are same as they were previously.

Can anyone help me to find out what is happening here?

Thanks in advance.

Hetal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal

What i have understand from the conversation above is that you have imported the object from XIQ -> XIS

What change is there and which object you have imported.

As you said you have made changes to XID transported to XIQ and you moved the object from X!Q -> XIS.

Is the object you moved is changed object. or the previous object which you wanted to retain as a backup? check this

Moreover you have all version of objects in history. Check if the transport was successful in XS1. using Find Transports.

Then check as said above for Cache etc.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

> In the back up plan we have decided that we will again import the old XIQ transport file and get the previous objects in production.

> To tryout that, i tried to import XIQ file into XIS system, but no change.

When you import older object versions to a target repository, all new object versions that already exist there are not overwritten. The older version being imported is visible in the object history following the import. The more recent version remains the current version.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW04s/helpdata/en/39/f3103e02db137de10000000a114084/content.htm

> I am not able to see the changed objects in XIS, they are same as they were previously.

If you have landscape as XID -> XIQ->XIS->XIP,its better to do the following change process in XID and transport it to rest of the systems,its just to maintain in consistency among the systems.

Solution is just generate new version(To generate new version go to change mode just add space in description and delete space then save,Activate. if you have more than one object from Same SWCV then Generate new version for all those objects and finally activate change list then you transport change list from XIQ to XIS) in XIQ system,Generate Transport file and import it into XIS system.

I hope you dont get any version conflict in XIS system when import from XIQ,In case if you get version conflict choose Imported version and activate.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW04s/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/content.htm

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagdish,

I appriciate your answer.

But my landscape is XID -> XIQ -> XIP.

We have training box as XIS.

I have made changes in XID and transported them to XIQ.

Now we are going to migrate it to XIP.

Now if suppose it will not work in production environment, then we have to roll back all the changes.

In XI i will have imported old file as well as new file. I want to import the old file again in case of roll back.

So the new changes should go off.

To try that, i have imported it into XIS server (as its just a trial error server).

But it is not working like that.

I hope it has cleared your doubt abt my problem.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

As i said before importing of old version transport file on to new version doesn't overwrite objects in target repository.

Work arounds for this issue are:

1. If you want to roll back all the changes in XID,XIQ,XIS and XIP systems then select older version from History in XID(Original objects) ,Activate it and tranport to other systems in landscape.This ways all systems get synchronized.

2. if you want to roll back all changes in single system i.e XIS then take database and file system backup from XIS(Depending on volume of data, backup time will vary. approx 1-2 hrs ) before transporting new changes in to XIS.If you want old version of objects then just restore the database and file system backups. Issue with this backup/restore process is objects wouldn't be consistent in XID,XIQ,XIS and XIP.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried after clearing the SLD Data cache from Environment menu and also cache refresh?

If you are following the file transport method, then while exporting the objects have you ticked the check box Include deleted objects (I don't remember the exact name, but there is only one check box).

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we had tick marked that box... as when i am opening that file in XIS it is showing me the deleted objects also.

Tried to clear sld cache from environment as well as sxi_cache... but no change.

M not sure y it is happening... logical it seems to be wrong.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well now it seems a cache issue... I can suggest to restart the J2EE server if possible (some time things does not take effect even we reftesh the cache).

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restarted full server.

No difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since it is production system so I can not suggest to take more risk with it. Better you involve the BASIS team and check the log file to see the valid reason.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hetal,

Try from the ABAP PI system side where you have the transport request number. Just revert it from ABAP system.

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i do that?

i mean which transaction i can use?

And from javastack y it is not possible?

any idea?