cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Mobile application with offline update (async)...HELP!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a question. I want to develop a mobile application, that update data on the backend as offline mode. I know that MI has this function (OFFLINE/async update), but the twist in my story is that i dont have a MI Server and i have not planned to install one in a near future. I've developed several mobile webdynpro application, but the update mode in this kind of application, is allways online mode through RFC. Now my question is: Is there other SAP Mobile Technology that i could use in order to develop my mobile application with offline update mode without depending on MI Server and all its architecture using only a webAS JAVA server? such as some kind of webdynpro API that i could use for this? or something else?. Please help!!!, i will wait for your answers...

Regards,

Mariana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

well, as long as you only want to update Data on the backend, that was created on the mobile device, it should not be an issue. Simply store the data on your mobile device and every now and then the user can press a button and you call a webpage in R/3 or a Webservice and send the new data through.

MI deals with all kind of delta handling, conflicts, device management,... etc. and if you need some of that I see pretty much no other way then installing a MI system.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You said updates, which means you want to get data from SAP, modify it offline, and then send it back...

You will have to create some webservices. One to get the data, and one to update data.

You will have to create a local database that is loaded with the data from the download webservice.

You will have to create an application that calls the webservices, manipulates the database, etc.

You will probably want to program in some kind of security etc...

WebDynpro is more for online applications. You could create a standard j2ee or .net application that uses webservices, but nothing really standard SAP for the front end.

Hope this helps

Brian Timothy