cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not connect to middleware

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed MI 7.0 on a new server and complete all the post installation steps.

When I go to the http://<ip>:<port>/nwa link and log in with my user.

-when I click on Heirarchy Grouping: Failed to get hierarchy group elements from middleware. Reason: Could not connect to middleware

-when I click on Device Maintainance: Unable to read data; cannot connect to middleware

and so on for every link in Mobile Admin.

I have gone through previous replies and did all the steps as mentioned. Still I am getting the same error.

Any thoughts on this issue would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Scott.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

had the same error the first time I did the setup. The reason is really simple, but it is unfortunately not mentioned anywhere in the config guides. You need to use the MI Admin user instead of the MI Service user you have selected. The problem comes from missing rights of the users. Well, it is one of the nice error messages that tell you nothing

If this still does not help, add the authorisation of SAP J2EE Super Admin to the user and it will work.

By the way: I opened an OSS message that time and I got the same reply from SAP - so it should be okay.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver,

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Scott.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this error I have found the following as possible reasons. (Assuming all the RFC and JCo are correct)

Both can cause this error.

I have had a 100% success in solving the problem by checking these 2 things.

1: Check your MI_SERVICE and MISUPERADMIN passwords! And that both users are unlocked and in validity period.

Some people say you should use the admin user instead of service (because the admin is a dialog user I think),

but this has never resolved my middleware issues.

2: If you have redeployed the jar file in the deployment tool, you have to restart the j2ee server.

So basically after all the setup steps have been done and checked, you have to bounce the j2ee server.

Answers (0)