Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Assignment Model restrict display access not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

User with display access alone for FKMT (Account Assignment Model ) is getting authorization error when accessing FKMT from FBS1.

Details: User logs into FBS1 and fills in the necessary details. Then clicks on the Acct Model button. The user should be able to view the Account Assignment model in the display mode.

Instead the user receives this message u201CYou do not have the necessary authorization for group FKMTu201D. On SU53, it shows that the user needs Activity 76 for F_KMT_MGMT. However, if this authorization field value is provided the user is able to change the existing accounts in FKMT and save it.

But with ACTVT 03 in F_KMT_MGMT, the user is unable to get into FKMT (auth error). But with ACTVT 76 in F_KMT_MGMT, the user is able change the G/L account and save the changes.

As per the authorization object F_KMT_MGMT documentation, the user should be able to display the Account Assignment with only Activity 03.

We would want the user to be able to only view FKMT from FBS1. But it is not functioning as expected.

Appreciate your response

Thanks

Siri

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This page at saphelp:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/04/69adf882dd11d3a75900104b57ed65/frameset.htm

suggests FBS1 is a create transaction and FB03 is the relevant display trransaction. Would that help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply..

I am looking to restrict display access for FKMT when it is being accessed from FBS1 i.e. the user has create access for accruals (FBS1) but only display for Account Assignment model.

The former (create) is required and works fine. But when I try to click on the Acnt assignment model button on FBS1, it give me the authorization error. That is where I am stuck.

Siri

0 Kudos

I never got a response from SAP on this issue..

It is still pending but I am closing this post..