cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service scenario --> message stuck in receiver PI engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert

I have scenario HTTP --> PI --> WS (ABAP backend).

I have PI 7.1 and the backend is based on NW 7.0

I have configured the scenario in ID with receiver agreement of ws adapter. In the backend, I've generated the server proxy based on the service interface and configured endpoint in soamanager.

After everything is done, I tested the scenario. In MONI in PI, everthing looks good, message send to ws of hte backend. In MONI in the backend, I see the message with green flag indicating Released for processing (WS). Looks like message arrived at the local PI engine of the backend, but it doesn't know how to process it (by calling the web service). Does anybody know what could be the problem?

Thanks

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem fixed because some basis configuration was missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jayson

I pointed towards the config problem.

Whats the exact config they missed? can you share this

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eric

Check with the WS configuration

I think it is not able to post content

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

what specific configuration should be checked? I've already configured the endpoint in soamanager. Looks like everything is ok. BTW, in sxi_moni of the receiver system, I see cache not up-to-date, I am not sure if sxi_moni in receiver system is relevant or not. I still think the link between the local XI engine and hte web service is missing, thus the message stuck in XI engine, and XI doesn't know what to do with the message. But I have no idea what to check.

Thanks

Eric

Hi, sudhir, there is no message in Q, message already in XI engine gone through Q.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Go and check the status in the message monitoring from 'Component Monitoring'. There you will get more details. In most of the cases, it is queue issue. As the flag is green, it means that everything is okay in config. Atleast PI knows the destination of message

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

RWB is only to monitor PI box, since the message already left PI and arrived in the receiver system, you won't get any useful information in RWB. Beside you can't monitor ws, idoc, http and xi adapter in RWB as they are all reside in abap stack.

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody has ws scenario working in PI 7.1?

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Eric

Looks like your SRT is not set up yet. Try running program SRT_ADMIN_CHECK (I am not sure about the exact program name but it is somelike this) and see if you get some errors. The WS adapter uses bgRFC and hence you are not going to find anything in SMQ2.

Run program SRT_ADMIN in client 000 (using DDIC user) and in all clients where you will be using WS adapter. Please note this is a part of post installation configuration and I am assuming your system hasn't been set up for the SRT yet.

You also will have to set up a user ID for bgRFC and RFC destination (in Tcode SBRFCCONF). Please refer to the documentation from service market place for post installation tasks or take from your basis admin guys for setting up the SRT.

Thanks

KK

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

whenever this msg is seen, it might be stucked at queues.

check tcode SWQ1,SMQ2. and if there is any msg,release it by unlocking or executing.

thanks.