cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of Export sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD gurus,

I am in a stage of confusion to configure export sales in system.

I was struck with one of the scenario. Client concern is to have the stock status as stock in transit for the material in transportation from manufacturing plant to port.

I have got a concept of creating port as plant in system. First, I need to create a STO from manufacturing plant to port.

Here i am confused about how to handle the excise component. Since the transaction is within the same country, do i need to create a new pricing procedure for STO processing or do i need change the condition records or excise duty.

Or do i need to create a storage location for port and make a MM posting from FG godown to port. then in this case one sale order executed and goods issue is done when the stock is received at port.

I request you to please help in this process mapping.

Thanks & regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen

Since you have created port as another plant, raise a PO from there on supplying plant. Based on this PO, the supplying plant will transfer the material on plant to plant via MM route. Receiving plant (Port) will do MIGO and transfer the material to unrestricted stock.

Now from port plant, create a sale order on export customer, do delivery and billing. With this scenario, you can track the stock in transit to port.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Laxmi,

In ur process mapping, do i need to configure a new pricing procedure? or I need to change the excise rate for this specific STO. Because stock moves from manufacturing plant to port. This has to carry an excise invoice and the excise rate would be derived based on domestic excise rates. But this is an export processing and excise duty need to be statistical.

How about the shipping address and payer in this scenario. Do i need to change the assignments as and when i create a new export sales order?

regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can otherwise map it by not doing PGI as the goods are still the property of your client's and create a proforma invoice on basis of which you can create a excise invoice along with the other export documents.

And later when the goods are moving from the port do PGI,create final bill and pass to accounts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks PJ,

I got the scenario, but how to handle the RG1 register updation in case of actual material leaving from plant. They want to update the RG1 register while stock leaves plant.This can happend only when material document is generated (Goods Issue).

Thanks & regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

can u please provide any updates

regards,

Kumar