cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client requirement is that the contract is having the validity periods like start date and end date.His requirement is to show a warning msg in the sales order when the going to expire in one month so that the sales representative will follow up the customer and make the contract renewal.Is it possible in SAP by abap programs.

Regard's

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is very much possible in the standard itself

T code VOVR

Img -s.d-sales---sales documents -contractscontract data-define contract profile

In that choose your contract and go to its details in that there is a field called action

Press F1 in that that will explain you

In this you can define your requirement

SAP has given provision for this

I have not really worked on this scenario and you can explore the same

Regards

Raja

Note in todays business environment if the client is going to chase his customer only at the end of his contract i doubt whether he will get renewal

Advice your client to chase his customers thro his sales force much early

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 12, 2008 8:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Is your requirement to trigger the message when a sales order is created with respect to the contract?

Then here is the answer. In sales order creation prog MV45AFZZ, put a code such that wen the order is created w.r.t contract, then system should check the validity of the contract. If the contract date is <= 4 weeks the order creation date then it should trigger a pop up message that the contract expires. I would suggest 4 weeks keeping in mind Febraury month that has 28 days. i am not connected to SAP right now so not sure in which field the contract validity date is stored.

If your requirement is to regularly check the validity of all existing contracts & thenintimate, then it is a different story. You have to develop a report that runs every day & reads all the open contracts in your sales org. It will then read the validity of the contracts. If the contract date is <= 28 days from the curreent system date, then it should trigger a mail to the concerned person about how many days it will be due. It should send the details in an excel sheet with contract num & other details.

Explain the requirement to the ABAPer & he will be able to develop the report for you. You have to give what contract types, sales org & other details to develop.

Regards,

Sivanand