cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where i am sending the HR master data in the form of Idoc to PI for further processing. There is a change in our design where we want to create a push webservice which can be consumed by the PI to get this data. Kind of Publish webservice.

Can any body suggest if it is possible. If yes . How? Any pointers will be really helpful.

Thanks

-Kulwant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know how to create webservices etc.

In my case, my Idoc is employee Master data Idoc. Now when ever there is some change in this data, i need to pick the delta part and push it to PI. I want to convert this delta of IDOC to a webservice which pushes the data out rather than PI invoke it. i.e. Webserice should send the data out as soon as there is some change in the underlying infotype.

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To send delta HR mater data you must be using the change pointers right now. this is the best way to send the data as soon as its changed. But thats using IDoc.

Is there any particular reason that you need to use Webservice....If yes then you will have to write the complete logic of finding out when to trigger the data etc whereas this is standard functioanlity in SAP

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijaya,

Yes we are using change Poitners at the moment. The reason is just change of design where htey want this differenec of data to be pusbilsed through webservice so that it can be consumed by the other applications which are dependant on it.

Can you suggest, how to achieve this? Any help will be really appriciated.

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

couldn't you transfer the IDoc to PI and from there you call the Web services?

Should be the easiest way.

Regards

Patrick