cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USer status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS Experts,

My Project have WBS then Network and activities.

Since my top level WBS is billing element , have to release the WBS for billing purpose.

But need to restrict the REL of activities under the same WBS..So that I have to restrict confirmations etc.

The project is phase by phase so some activities should be restricted for actual confirmations etc..

Any help with user status?

thnx in advance.

psconsultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

tx OK02

create a user status profile

create a user status to be set on release with restrcition of what you do not need

add the user status profile to the project profile

note - if you have not used user status profile before then the change will not be retrospective

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra/Pushpa,

Thanks for the response. I did try the user status . In this case I have to select lot of radio buttons which should not allow at for this user status..

What I am trying to achive is to deactivate the activity REL with WBS REL, so that user should not able to do transaction ( confirmation,actual postings ...) which are possible with REL status.

I could still do that with user status which doesn't allow REL of activity.

But when I RELEASE WBS, system trying to release the activity also and unable to release the activity because of my user staus..

Edited by: psconsultant on Nov 12, 2008 9:51 PM

Edited by: psconsultant on Nov 12, 2008 9:52 PM

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

create user status ZREL

disallow all the business transactions that you want - you have to selkect all the radio buttons like confirmations, i posting setc

in the business transaction Release choose the set radio button

this will set the user status ZREL when you REL WBS and disallow the business transactions as configured

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Best way is to lock the activities which you dont want to confirm.

Afterwards, at the time of confirmation, you can unlock those activities.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Thanks again.. As I mentioned we have the billing WBS at level 1 and then level 2 WBS elements. All activities are under level 2 WBS. All level 2 WBS are phase wise.

Part of our business process Level 1 WBS to be released for billing , but need to restrict the activities under level 2 WBS for actual.

I already done the config. you had mentioned. This way we can put the user status at activity level upon Level 1 REL, but user have to go to each activity and change the user status to make confirmations or actual postings etc. thatu2019s a pain.

What I did is control the actuals at activity level by putting lock account assignment status. The same pain here is to go to each activity and change the user status to make confirmations etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you all Guys.

I figured out a way and it's working

psconsultant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

cerate a user stastus for networks ... PHS1 which gets activiated with release or created stage and in this user status you can forbid confirmations and another user status PHS2 which can be changed by an authorised person thru authrosation key and in this you can allow confirmations .... kindly check

regrds

pushpa