cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE issues between two SAP systems

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts, pls kindly help solve the issues below. Acutally, my request is to duplicate the sales data, such as sales orders, sales personnel in another SAP system via ALE. Many thx.

1. Fail to transfer the records of sales order creation. Creation of sales orders from sales orders is required. Some expert comments that SAP does not support it. Any adivce?

2. How to transfer the records of sales personnel creation, quantity contract creation, scheduling agreement creation, credit memo request creation, & debit memo request creation, i.e. create quantity contract from quantity contract, create credit memo request from credit memo request, etc.

Btw, HR model is not implemented.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

After saving the sales document if you want the system to trigger the ALE to go to external system, then you have to define the O/p type.

The transmission medium of the O/p type is ALE & the default values is to "send immediately when saving the application".

With this system will trigger the O/p as & when the order / credit memo is saved.

Also pls note that you need to define the external system as a partner / logical system in WE20. There you have to define the IDOC / message type along with the processing progs.

Define the IDOC type in WE30 with the required segements & filed mappings.

Then define the IDOC processing & posting progs that need to be assigned to the message type in WE20.

Ask your ABAPer to use any existing processing / posting progs with a few modifications as per your requirement. Or you will have to create new progs with a copy from the standards.

For eg: You have defined a O/p type ZALE for the sales order. System will trigger the IDOC immediately after you save the sales order or after the ietms are confirmed. This IDOC will flow through the transmission medium to the external system. Then it will call an RFC, which will inturn call the VA01 prog in the external system. This will create the application doc / sales order in the external system with the same information that is sent through the IDOC.

Regards,

Sivanand

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivanand, firstly, many thx for your prompt reply.

Actually, I have tried sending sales orders as you advise but failed. Would you pls guide me further? The error msg is no partner profile for sold to party, even LS. Partner type LS has been set up & customers have been transferred via ALE.

Btw, msg type ORDERS for outbound parameters is applied as well as for inbound parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

ALE concept is not used generally for the transaction data, for creating a Sales Order you require a PO and you cann't create a sales order with a sales order.

You are sending the IDOC into the receiver system as partner type as Logical system, but for creating a sales order your partner type should be Customer. If you really want to create a Sales order in the receiver system through ALE then you need to make lot of coding as and as well as config as well.

First you need to map the Logical system to the Customer in VOE4 transaction.

I say it is not preferable, instead of using IDOC's trigger a BAPI from the sender system to the reciever so that it will create the sales order in the receiver system.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cathy,

You have to maintain the RFC destination if both the systems are in SAP. You have to maintain the 2nd SAP system as a logical system in WE20. Then in the message details, you have to include the Receiver port in the message details of the outbound paramaters.

Regards,

Sivanand

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts, many thx for the valuable advice.

As no EDI consultants support on my side, I still need your further guidance.

Question 1. Is it the best way to use BAPI instead of msg type via ALE when transferring sales orders to another SAP system?

Question 2. Why o/p type is required to maintain? My request is to duplicate sales data, e.g. transfer sales orders from sales orders.

Question 3. What does "outgoing 850" mean? How to configure it?

Question 4. Failed to transfer sales personnel by using msg type DEBMAS. It does not contain sales personnel data. I tried using HRMD_A, PERS04, etc. but failed. How to solve?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question 1. Is it the best way to use BAPI instead of msg type via ALE when transferring sales orders to another SAP system?-

Use message type orders.

Question 2. Why o/p type is required to maintain? My request is to duplicate sales data, e.g. transfer sales orders from sales orders.

Anything like ZUOR

Output Type: Output Type is determined through output determination.

Process Code: Based on output type Partner profile is picked up. From this partner profile, process code is picked. Sd01

Function Module: Function module linked to process code is executed.idoc outputorders

IDOC: By executing function module an IDOC is created.

IDOC File: IDOC is copied to server as IDOC File.

For details see Tcode wedi and got thro we60 documentation

Question 3. What does "outgoing 850" mean? How to configure it?

Same as above

Question 4. Failed to transfer sales personnel by using msg type DEBMAS. It does not contain sales personnel data. I tried using HRMD_A, PERS04, etc. but failed. How to solve?

May be a HR consultant can help u.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod, again, many thx.

I'll try it again according to your advice.

But msg type ORDERS does not support sales orders from sales orders. Maybe new segment is needed. Any other customizing?

For sales personnel, I think it also requires new segment. Currently, HR model has not been configured.

Btw, neither HR consultants nor EDI consultats support on my side.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

1. Maintain the setting related to RFC, Port . Define other system as vendor/ LS.

2. Define different output type for debit, credit memo, SA and Orders.

3.. Take the help of EDI consultants to find the appro. process code and message type.

4. U can define outgoing 850 from system A to system B so a that data is duplicated.

5. U can send the sales personnel data thro DEBMAS.

Thanks,

Pramod