cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Order Creation in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP WM guru's,

I am trying to learn WM with the help.sap doc's & SAP config guide.

As per the Config guide I have done the necessary settings.

Now when I create a GR document against a PO I am facing 2 Issues.

1. When I post the GR document, in my WM tab Storage Bin field System is displaying my PO no rather than the Bin no: which I have created for my Storage type why is it SO??

2. In the Qtys tab I can see a Transfer Requirement button when I clicked it I can see the display view of the TR created automatically. But, when I clicked the Processing Status in the TR Screen its showing the TO created = 0 & my TR Processed status is also not checked as TO is not created automatically for my PO. Why?

Note:

1. I can see the WM tab in my GR & in that I am entering Qty to be stored in each bin & I am also selecting the Bin type.

2. I have maintained the Auto TO creation (Background Processing) check as A in IMG-LE-WM-Activities-Transfers-Define Movement Types.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

Got the answer for my First query from the help.sap Document itself tht its a Std. Functionality.

Can anyone help me out in the 2nd one??

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check settings in OMKZ and OMKX for auto TO creation.

For your current process, auto TO config is not done so TO value shows '0'.

Try to do TO w.r.t. material document manually for this, till you do auto TO config.

Amol

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please schedule a job for Auto TO creation. Also ensure that for movement type 101 you have selected automatic TO field as background processing.

Please reply if any problem.

Regards,

Prashant

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You are using dynamic bins for interim storage type 902(?) that is why you can see your PO numbers as dynamic bin numbers. You can check in LX02 your WM stock levels.

2. Automatic TO creation takes place as a background job. Maybe your job hasn't run yet, that's why is lying your TR unprocessed. After the batch jo run your TR will be processed (hopefully), and its status will change.

Please check the documents from this link:

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

Thanks a lot for the replies.

Before I start to proceed with the above inputs, let me post one more Query.

I have created a GR document & I can see the TR created automatically.

But when I checked my interim Storage bin for my Storage type there is no quantity's & empty indicator is ticked. Why is it so???

Regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you see the stock in LX02 (in interim storage type)? In which bin is it?

Can you see movements in LT22 for your stock (quant)?

Generally, dynamic bins are used for GRs, that cease to exist after removing all stock from them. It's starnge that you can check it and you see the empty indicator.

Which bin are you checking? What is the PO number against which you did the GR?

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 12, 2008 3:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply's.

Since I havent created a background job as you mentioned the TO was not automatically created. Anyhow I was able to solve the issue by creating TO's with ref to TR's created automatically when I create a GR.

I know that the system will automatically determine the Storage Bin during Stock Placement.

Now suppose I have defined say 100 Storage bins for my Storage type. Then On what criteria system determines the different Storage bins??

I mean say when I did my GR the system determined the Storage Bin say 1st Bin out of the 100 bins.

Say for placement of 100 Qtys in to stock.

So when will system determine a diff Storage bin for the storage of the same material? or under what circumstances system stores in a diff Storage Bin??

Also whether the System will automatically determine the above mentioned 100 bins automatically for my storage type when I do a GR (Stock Placement) ??

(As you know I have already maintained a storage Bin in the Material Master as well as for my Storage type as Destination Bin (both the Bin No:s are the same)

Appreciate the time response.

Regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Factors, that can influence your stock putaway / removal:

SPRO > LE > WM > Strategies > ...

Choosing the suitable option, you can define:

- storage type search

- storage section search

- storage bin type search

SPRO > LE > WM > Master Data > Define Storage Type

Here you can set:

- stock putaway strategy

- stock removal startegy

- mixed storga indicator

- addition to existing stock indicator

- full removal of stock

(you can get help for these in SAP online help or pushin F1 when you select the fields)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f8445c4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c6/f83bed4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Batch determination at IM level can also influence your stock removal.

Stock determination at IM level can also influence your stock removal

The wieght / capacity defined for your materials and storage bin may also influence the putaway process

SPRO > LE > WM > Master Data > Define Storage Type

For interim storage types you can use dynamic bins, this is also an important point

In case of use of WM-PP interface, you aslo influence the material staging process

Serial number management may have also an effect...I don't know it.

There might be other factors as well.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 14, 2008 2:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks a lot for the reply,

I have configured Warehouse with Next Empty Bin strategy for storage type & I have also activated the capacity check (based on Qtys) for my storage type.

Suppose I have created 100 Storage bins for my Storage type.

For material 'X' I have maintained 200 Qtys as the maximum bin Qty in my Matr Master & I have also maintained the Palletization LE qtys.

Now when I do GR for 250 qtys system is displaying the palletzn data correctly & the stock is getting posted to an interim storage Area.

Now when I Create a T0 with ref to my TR doc system will display an error tht bin qty is exceeded by '50' nos.

So I manually changed my TO qty to 200 & system posted the TO document ( Stock got posted in 2 storage bins 1 with 200 qty & 2nd bin with 50 qtys).

Note that I haven't maintained any destn storage bins in my mov type settings ( 101 mov type for the storage type 001) & also I havent maintained any storage Bin in mat. master data.

In the above case system has correctly determined my storage bins for my storage types but my requirement is Suppose if I do another GR for the same material say for 100 qtys.

Will the system post this 100 qtys to my 2nd Storage Bin ( which has already got 50 qtys of stock as per the above case).

I tried to simulate this in system but its not working, system is determining my 3rd storage bin & not the 2nd one with 50 qtys.

So please suggest how to acheive this?

Expecting valuable inputs ASAP.

Regards,

Regards,

Edited by: SAP FC on Nov 21, 2008 1:37 PM