cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certification basic questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I am trying to find the following : how to decide if I should try to obtain software certification

I spent hours looking for informations through the jungle of SAP Technologies and don't have yet any reasonable answer.

The situation is quite simple

Our software already communicates with SAP thru text file, in and out.

When we install our software, our customer calls a SAP guy and takes care of providing us with the text file we need 'Products file, Client file...). In return we provide another text file and the SAP guy takes care of updating SAP database.

Now we would like SAP certification...

Could you give me an idea on how to proceed.

Thanks

Michel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

Am new to this site,I have decided to take ABAP certification (Associate Level).I need the details....I hav gone through the site still I couldn't get the relavent information like which module is best(am a beginner)suits me,where I can get all the details.

looking for your answers

Regards

Vishnuhari

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the product to be certified, then there is recurring cost involved.

SAP can certify product as business solution EBS certification. SAP will install the product as per installation guide provided. Test it as per user guide & then certify for current version. check all tech aspects.

There is another type Technicle certification.

With every new SAP version you would need to release & re-certify your product. SAP recommend new version every year.

If uou have developed something in ABAP you need to buy ABAP Add on Kit. 18000 $.

You can create ABAP Add-on which can be installed on SAP server.

I am not sure if Txt file interface can be certified. SAP recommends XI for certified interface.

agnihotro_sinha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

there is nothing as "software certifications"......

the stuff you described does not require any certification since certification is only related to academics....

here as per your scenario you might need to learn some basic data uploading and reporting tasks...

these you can get by learning some SAP functional stuffs.....

Moreover it is advisable to let the SAP guy handle data uploading task since these are few complex and delicate tasks. If a person with little knowledge tries to do these task then overall results will have severe inconsistencies.... these may result in complete collapse (DUMP)...

regards,

ags.