cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating Service Desk Message in Satellite System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have two satellite system from which I want to create a Support Message. With my current profile/role and can do it from one system and not from the other system. I get "Error in local message system, message xxx not complete". I dont think it is an Authotization fault, but not sure.

How should the Number ranges be setup for more than one satellite system?

Thanx

Jaco Snyman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your sure that it is not authorization problem then check two things.

BCOS_CUST table entry should be the same like you have maintained in other satellite system

Go to SM 59

And here choose the RFC connection which you have maitained in BCOS_CUST table and go for authorization test and remote login.

hope it helps

Please assign pts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

All is perfectly the same. I tink it might be the Number ranges. How should the number range setup be for more that one satellite system? The satellite system which works, started at 0000001 as defined as external number range, but the system with the problem creates in the 999900xxx range. It adds onto the last number but gives me the error of "error creating message in system", this is the satellite system.

Jaco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaco,

did you solve your problem? Was it a number range problem? How do you config your number range of ABA and CRM message?

Thanks, Tina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina

Yes I solved it. You should configure your number ranges as per the IMG.

My problem was with an Authorization for the RFC from the satellite system to SolMan.

If the IMG does not help, let me know and I will try and assist you

Jaco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaco,

internal number range used for ABA Messages/Basis Notifications should match the external number range used for service desk messages.

For ABA messages:

Goto tx: DNO_CUST01 -> SLF1 -> Details

Should show number range 01

Number ranges for this object are defined via tx: DNO_NOTIF

For Service Desk Messages (Support Message SLFN):

Goto tx: SPRO -> "Check number range for Service Desk Message" -> SLFN -> Details

Should show number range 01 internal, 02 external

Number ranges for this object are defined via tx: CRMC_NR_RA_SERVICE

Number range 01 (internal) of ABA message should match number range 02 (external) of Support Message.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina

This was my answer in a previuos thread:

Hi all

I also struggled with this for 2 weeks. But the problem is fixed.

Do your "normal: config from the IMG and then:

1) Make sure that you have selected for the system NOT to check for the User in SolMan

tr: DNO_CUST04, Go to Detail, Select the field NO_USER_CHECK, "X", this is very important, otherwise you will have to create a username for everyone on the satellite system... far too timeconsuming.

2) In your satellite system under OSS_MSG: Col1:Application: OSS_MSG, Col2: + : W. Col3: RFC Destination: SM_"SOLMANRFC"_BACK. Col4: + : CUST620. COl5: + : 1.0

In the Solman side you maintain Col3 as "NONE".

3) Make sure that ALL users in the satellite system has the following roles: SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE and SAP_SV_FDB_NOTIF_BC_ADMIN.

4) Make sure that you have TRUSTED RFC to and from your Satellite system and Solution Manager.

The main one to be sure of is: SAP_ALL for all SOLMANxxx user in the Solution Manager system for every satelite system, because the standard roles from SAP does not work.

This should have your Service Desk Messaging working.

Jaco Snyman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I changed the customizing of number ranges like in IMG and like you described. The number range of internal ABA message match the external number range of Support Message, but the error still occurs.

Tina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina

What is the error you receive from the system?

Jaco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message number BCOS088 "Error in local message system: Error while allocation: Overwrite a protected Message xxx not create."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina

I think the best is to help you through it step-by-step.

/sap/public/bsp/sap/htmlb

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/ai_proj_setup

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/dswpnotifcreate

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/dswp_create_message /sap/bc/bsp/sap/dswp_bsp /sap/bc/bsp/sap/learning_map /sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc /sap/bc/bsp/sap/solutionmanager /sap/bc/bsp/sap/system /sap/bc/contentserver /sap/bc/Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina

I think the best is to help you through it step-by-step.

Go to tx: SICF and activate the following SERVICES. It wil ask you: Do you want to activate service xxx? Click the second "Yes" button. If you have done this let me know, and we check from there.

/sap/public/bsp/sap/htmlb

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/ai_proj_setup

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/dswpnotifcreate

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/dswp_create_message

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/dswp_bsp

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/learning_map

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/solutionmanager

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/system

/sap/bc/contentserver

/sap/bc/Solman

Jaco

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the system message BCOS088

Error in Local Message System: RFC destination **** does not exist. Message was Not Created

I wondered where to change the RFC destination assigned. You asnwered well. I changed it on table BCOS_CUST using SM30.

Now I'm using the good RFC connection between ERP and Solution Manager.

Thanks for your help.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaco, first of all check following role is assign to your user: SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE, then check if the the authorization object (tx PFCG), CRM_ORD_PR its complete.

Regards,

Ignacio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ignacio

I do have SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE as a role, but I am not sure what you mean with "CRM_ORD_PR its complete". If I run tx: PFCG, it is the role maintenance.

jaco