cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two questions in the "Interface Mapping" in the Repository.

1) In the Interface Mmapping Designer , we have Source and Target Interface. Why do they have provided an Option for entering Multiple Source and Multiple Target Interfaces?

2) In the Interface mapping designer, where we mention the Message Mapping, why they have provided the Option of entering Multiple Message Mappings.

Please educate me, let me know any pointers or Blogs.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Just to add more to what Michal has told.

there wil be cases when you will receive 1 message from your source system and you will have to create N target messages for this one source mesage and vice versa. This is called as 1:N or N:1 mapping and to enable us to do this, we have to give unbounded as the occurence of the Message Interfaces in Interface Mapping and Message Types in Message Mapping.

Regards,

bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

>>>1) In the Interface Mmapping Designer , we have Source and Target Interface. Why do they have provided an Option for entering Multiple Source and Multiple Target Interfaces?

because you don't have to use 1:1 mappings

you can use 1:2 mappings for exmaple and create 2

different messages from one source message

or you can do 2:1 and create one target message from 2 messages

>>>2) In the Interface mapping designer, where we mention the Message Mapping, why they have provided the Option of entering Multiple Message Mappings.

have a look at my weblog then you'll understand:)

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/01/xi-xml-node-into-a-string-with-graphical-mapping

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos