cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey all,

I am trying to install SAP R/3 4.6C on a Windows 2003 server Enterprise edition. well at the time of the installation of Oracle 9.0, am I also suppose to create a database.

well, If I do, then it gives me an error at the time of the installation of Database Instance at a stage where the SAP database creation takes place, If I don't then SAP database creation succeeds, all the tablespaces are created successfully, however the post oracle configuration stage gives an error, stating that an SQL statement exec failed...

what should I do, Please Help....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Correct me If I am wrong.As far as I know.If your installing 4.6c than you have to install Oracle 8i.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Mujtaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mujtaba,

According to SAP releases, we can even work with Oracle 9.2.0.2.1 if you want to install SAP 4.6 C or more, And yes lemme tell ya, I have even tried installing Oracle 8i, but still I get the same error, I just wanna know whether am I suppose to create database while installing oracle or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"I just wanna know whether am I suppose to create database while installing oracle or not."

Let sapinst create database while installing database instance. There is no need to create database when installing Oracle software.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether Oracle 8i or 9i is compatible with SAP R3 4.6 C.

But what I know is that while doing SAP installations, please do NOT create database while installing Oracle.

This is because SAP created its own database using SAPinst and this database is as per the SAP standards i.e. the database created by Oracle is totally different form that created by SAP, because SAP has customized the database to its needs.

The databse of Oracle which we get in SAP cds are customzed as per the SAP requirement. So, if you compare this databse with the one which is created purely by Oracle tools, it will be totally different.

So, select NO when asked to create databse during Oracle installation. And later on SAPinst will create databse when installing databse instance.

Hope I have made myself clear. If you have any further doubts, please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Kunal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers guys,

lemme tell ya people more, I have got two DVD's containing SAP system and the oracle system. The oracle system is present in the first DVD. Now I insert my first DVD, and click on the folder which says Oracle 9.2.0.2.1 CD1, in this I have an Icon which says SapServer.cmd....

This is a Command shell script file, I click on this and there comes the Oracle Universal installer, Click next and it gives me option to create a database or not. here is what I am asking, am I suppose to select Create Database or Do Not Create database.

please get back to me regarding this guys......

especially you kunal..

Thankyou guys....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the option which says Do Not Create database.

Rgds

Radhakrishna D S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that dude,

I will try that out tonight itself....

regards,

Sreekul Nair....