cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication failure from Biztalk - invalid content type for SOAP

0 Kudos

Hello,

I get following error message when I'm using the SOAP receiver adapter to consume a webservice in BizTalk.

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized

I have used the option 'Configure User Authentication' and set the user name and password.

I have successfully been able to log on to Biztalk with the same values from an external soap test client.

When the webservice in Biztalk was setup without authenticaction everything worked well, but now we are setting this up in the production system and need the authentication.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

// Regards Hans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) 401 Unauthorized means ur user password is locked which was used in SOAP adapter

2) check the WSDL URL does it has any extra space.

chirag

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked those settings and they are correct. As I mentioned the connection works from a soap test client when I'm using the same logon parameters.

The connection also works when the web service is not setup with authentication.

/ Regards Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u selected the option Do Not Use SOAP Envelope,if its clicked then uncheck it.

also did u check the URL whether it has any extra spaces.

chirag

0 Kudos

Hello Chirag,

I have not selected the option Do Not Use SOAP Envelope and the URL does not contain any blanks.

// Regards Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u do some modification and activate the adapter. Refresh the cache and run the scenario again.

We had encounter this problem and after giving proper login id n password our problem was resolved.

can u pls ask ur biztalk admin to check the user authorization, i m not sure how users in Biztalk maintained.

chirag

0 Kudos

Hello again,

I have refreshed everything but it still doesn't work.

The user authentication is correct since everything works from my soap test client.

Could there be differences in different versions?

We are working on PI 7.0 (SP14)

Biztalk version is 2006.

regards Hans

0 Kudos

Hello again,

Thanks for your help Chirag.

My problem has been solved. When they changed to "Basic authentication" on the Biztalk side everything works fine.

// Regards Hans