cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor/Internal note text for Confirmation of PO in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to clarify if the following is a standard functionality.

Would the internal notes or the vendor text updated for a PO (or SC) in the header and item level be visible in the screen for performing confirmation for that PO? All the details from the PO are retreived for performing the confirmation except for the documents (internal notes, vendor text and attachment).

Could someone please confirm if this is a standard functionality? And if I would like to retreive this info is there a specific BADI I can use ? (I know that for PO update of documents for the backend is done using a BAPI by providing the long text field, is there something similar to that or general BADIs for confirmations can be used? )

Thanks much for the help

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha ,

You can find these vendor texts, Internal note includes approval notes under documents at item Data in confirmation.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu,

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm if I stated my question right.. the internal notes/vendor text updated during the PO creation are visible in the confirmation screen for that PO when you want to create a confirmation for that PO. (I mean the internal notes for the PO)

Say for an instance of BUS2201 the long texts available in BBP_PD are visible in (BBPCF01/BBPCF02 )during confirmation under item documents when you choose that po to perform GR ?

Thanks

Swetha

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you rephrase your question please? Do you want to extract all the texts in sc/po/confirmation from where to where?

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.

Here is what I am doing.

1. Create PO from SC, update item internal note of "Note from PO".

PO 4700001930 created with Internal note "Note from PO". Visible in Long text field under BBP_PD too.

2. Try to do Confirmation for this po 4700001930. (GR/SE for Desktop User, BBPCF02)

Search for this PO in the , once found check the details of the PO at the item. All details like Product category, quantity, net price etc found in the basic data. Similarly when I choose the documents internal note "Note from PO" is NOT found.

So the Documents data (Internal/vendor text) displayed on the confirmation screen does not have anything to do with Documents data (Internal/vendor text) of the PO ?

Any help appreciated.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I could understand now. possibly all texts must come .However try to do GR and display the confiramtion item data documents.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The internal Note one enters at the Header & Item level in a PO (under Documents tab) is transferred to the respective tabs of the confirmation screen. This is standard & i have seen it working.

Cheers,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. When I do a confirmation for a PO, the documents(internal note / vendor text) dont get displayed from that PO. I am using SRM 4.0 (SRM server 5.0).. Does this have anything to do with the versions?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Check these two sap notes 628530 , 633726. It may be old notes . Are you finding this difficulty for some particular sc/po/cf only . Plz check this service is active BBP_PDH_TEXT .

as per standard it must copy next follow on document.

if you find for all follow on documents are not copied better raise a oss messages. text copy must be done properly as Akash told.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I debugged little bit and found that the long_text value from the PO is not imported/ inserted through FM BBP_CF_ASSIGNMENT_BACKEND.

I applied the note 0001042516 and it works good now.

Thank you very much for the help.

Swetha