cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak Preview ABAP installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Friends,

While trying to install SAP Sneak Preview ABAP full edition, i encountered problem during central instance installation.

WARNING 2006-02-18 19:55:47

Error 5 (Access is denied.

) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (69), with parameter (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NSCService).

WARNING 2006-02-18 19:55:47

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NSCService' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

ERROR 2006-02-18 19:55:47

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NSCService' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

ERROR 2006-02-18 19:55:47

FCO-00011 The step collect with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|collect was executed with status ERROR .

I am using Norton Symantic for Antivirus.

Please let me know incase any solutions for this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've decided to buy a new harddisk and to install a new XP Professional. I've decided further to keep that XP clean, without any additional software installed except the SAP GUI.

Well - it works fine. The system is running perfect.

I just switch the boot disks in my BIOS, choosing between my old XP and the new one.

Sorry that this is no "real" solution for this problem, but it is a good workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Gutta,

I'm encountering the same problem right now as I want to install the SAP NetWeaver 2004s ABAP Edition on my local PC. The only difference is that I'm using GDATA Antivir. Activated or not, the error occurs every time.

Did you solve this problem? If yes - how?

Best regards,

Stefan Struckmann

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan Struckmann ,

Welcome to SDN.

Open this as a new thread for a better response.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I tried all possible solutions found on SDN. But could not able to find the right solution.

Try from your end also. Let me know if you can install.

Thanks and Regards,

Sunil Gutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check

--> C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\services (Windows XP) must not include an entry for the ports 3601, 3201 and 50000 to 50030. A possible entry can be excluded by using the hash symbol (#).

--> If no DHCP server is available on your network (which dynamically determines the IP address) or your computer is not connected to any network, you need to install the virtual interface adapter MS Loopback Adapter.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prince,

Yeap, checked all the below suggested. There is problem with these. It always throw saying LOCAL HOST not found?.

I did not understood where its checking.

Thanks and Regards,

Sunil Gutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

There is a file called "host" in the following path C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc. This host file is without file type extension, rename the "host" file to "host.txt" to enable editing in notepad. now add the ip of your loopback adapter and name of your computer. now save the file and rename the file to "host". now retry the installation.

Regards,

Sathish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a couple of things that you need to check/resolve first. They are all listed in the installation documentation, but here is a quick review:

1) Check network settings. It appears that you do not have your network configuerd correctly. Note the error message referring back to "localhost". Looks like your DNS settings are incorrect.

2) Make sure you are running Java 1.4.2_08

3) Are JAVA_HOME and java path set correctly?

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this blog

<a href="/people/guru.subramanianb/blog/2005/12/19/reinstalling-sneak-preview-made-easy--part-1:///people/guru.subramanianb/blog/2005/12/19/reinstalling-sneak-preview-made-easy--part-1

Sarath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sunil,

Get ADMINISTRATOR ACCESS RIGHTS without any restrictions to your user when you try to login for installation. Your currentuser couldn't open the registry editor. that's why u are getting this error.

Regards

Arun.

PS: Reward useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I logged on as a Admin while installing software. I am using Norton Symantic AntiVirus software . It seems this software is not allowing system keys to get update during installation.

Bye,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sunil,

i forgot to add this point in my previous post. You should de-activate Antivirus software in your computer. but make sure your computer is protected otherwise. don't try to go online or do anything which will invite virus to attack while the anti-virus is off! and see to it that your external files u access are virus free.

Regards

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experiencing exact same problem.

I have checked that my user is administrator.

I have disabled all Antivirus software.

Part of Error log:

PHASE 2006-02-21 10:29:47

Prepare the installation program.

INFO 2006-02-21 10:29:55

This SAPinst Java System Copy is Property File Version : 1.1

This SAPinst EXE uses OS Build Version : I386

This SAPinst XML is DB Build Version : ada

INFO[E] 2006-02-21 10:29:55

File system export (share) saploc does not exist.

Looking for SAP system instances installed on this host...

WARNING 2006-02-21 10:29:55

Error 5 (Access is denied.

) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (67), with parameter (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Disk).

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Disk' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

The step setDefaults with step key J2EE_SystemCopy_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|640|0|J2EE_SystemCopy|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|J2EE_EngineEnterpriseDialogs|ind|ind|ind|WebAS|630|0|setDefaults was executed with status ERROR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I even stop all firewall and antivirus software, but no change in result. I seems some ohter software is blocking installtion.

Bye,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henrik,

Are you using Symantic Norton Antivirus software or any other.

Yes, it is true same problem occurs. Even in my case also its trying to check for SAP system instances installed on this host. And its failing after this point.

I tried stoping antivirus software. But No good result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

if you are doing it over a WINDOWS DOMAIN, you should be A DOMAIN ADMINISTRATOR not just your PC Adminsitrator.

Regards

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Where can i check that. I am using Win XP sp2 Professional on Laptop.

Thanks,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

you will come across that step during your installation. it will ask you if you want to install as a LOCAL INSTALLATION or DOMAIN INSTALLATION. they appear as Radio buttons during your installation.

Regards

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Installtion does not go till that stage. After opening STRAT.BAT file, it will give installer. Once after i clicked installer it gave below attached on a window

SAP NETWEAVER

SAPinst Installation GUI

msg.proxy.0009

Could not connect to Host localhost on port 21212

java.net.connectException: Connection refused: connect

HOST : localhost

Port : 21212

Logon.

From above message it seems localhost is not in right port.

But i pressed logon, then at Define Parametrs stage it throwed said error message.

Bye,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Check out your HOSTS file and SERVICES file. it will define the port, host ip and instances runnnin in your computer.

as some one pointed out, check your network settings too. but i guess that, in the end should lead u to check the above mentioned files.

Regards

Arun