Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPINST XP WAS640 Database instance creation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

i searched a lot but i did not find a solution for my problem:

I have an fresh installed XP Pro with all patches and an java sdk 1.4.2_08.

When I start the installation all is well until point 11 of 24. (Database instance creation)

This are the last lines of my xcmdou file.

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060218152157

Execute Command : c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n SAPENW -d NSP -u CONTROL,******** db_state

Execute Session Command : exit

> Subprocess stops at 20060218152159

OK

State

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060218152159

Execute Command : c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n SAPENW -d NSP -u CONTROL,******** db_admin

> Subprocess stops at 20060218152233

OK

-

> Subprocess starts at 20060218152233

Execute Command : c:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe -n SAPENW -d NSP -u CONTROL,********

Execute Session Command : util_connect

Execute Session Command : db_activate SUPERDBA,********

> Subprocess stops at 20060218152236

OK

ERR

-24988,ERR_SQL: Sql error

-2014,Identifier too long

Any Help is appreciated

regards

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gregor,

Your have long windows domain name i guess. Check out the Note: <a href="https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700010249112001">314671</a>. The solution for your problem is also given in that note.

Regards

Arun.

PS: Reward Useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your help, but I am not able to read this info, because I dont know the user and password for this. It is not the password for this forum.

Perhaps you are able to send this information to kingofkning(at)web.de

thanks in advance

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gregor,

its not forum but Service Market Place for SAP. you need to have a different id for that. probably your Basis guys will have one with them. anyway, i'll post the contents of that note.

<i>

Symptom

The installation terminates when you create the OPS$ users (step ORADBUSER_NT_ORA) or the system does not start because the OPS$ users were not created correctly. The ORADBUSR.SQL SQL script that the DB user should set up, terminates with the message, "ORA-00972: identifier is too long".

Other terms

OPS$, OPS, oradbusr, ORA-00972

Reason and Prerequisites

Your WINDOWS domain name is longer than 12 characters. As of Oracle 8I, OPS$ users (that is, the database users that are authenticated by the operating system) must be created, including domain name. The two DB users "OPS$<Domain>\<sid>adm" and "OPS$<Domain>\SAPService<SID> are created. If <domain> is longer than 12 characters, the maximum length of a database user identifier of 30 characters is exceeded.

Solution

A simple and effective solution is to instruct Oracle, to leave out the OPS$ prefix. This way the names become 4 characters shorter, this is enough for any possible length of a domain identifier (max. 15 characters).

If R3SETUP in the ORADBUSR_NT_ORA step terminates due to the described error (as of 4.6C), open the <Oracle-Home> file

\init<SID>.ora with Notepad and add the following line:

os_authent_prefix = ""

Afterwards the installation should run without errors.

If the installation is already closed (in particular with BW 2.0A) but the system is not running, you must set the parameter mentioned above and then execute the ORADBUSR.SQL script manually:

Log on as <sid>adm.

Open a command prompt, switch to a temporary directory and copy into the ORADBUSR.SQL file. You find the file, for example on Kernel CD 4.6C or on SAPSERVx.

Execute "sqlplus internal @oradbusr.sql NT <DOMAIN>"

Check ORADBUSR.LOG for error messages.</i>

Regards

Arun.

PS: Pl. reward useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for your info, but as I mentioned I am using the Minisap WAS 640 which is not using the oracle Database. Therefore there is no file with such settings.

Furthermore the XP is not in a domaine. It is a standalone PC.

Perhaps you have another hint.

PS. When I have a look to the services, the database is up and running.

regards

Gregor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

State

indicates that DB services are not running.

if you go to right click my computer on desktop->manage->services and applications->services you should see SAPDB:NSP see whether are running. if not start them and continue the installation.

Regards

Raja