cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records syndicated but not in outbound folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI MDM Guru's,

I have a critical issue in our production system. We have modified 2 records in our data manager by running mdis (automatic import), these records has been flown to syndicator (as i could see these records greyed out & not in destination tab). Now, the major problem is i don't find these records in our outbound ready folder as of which our back end ERP system could not be updated.

when i do the modification process manually, then i could see these reocrds in outbound folder.

What could be the reasons? could it be that our mdss is not working properly or any other ......i don't know.

Could you please guide me to fix it ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

The records are greyed out in syndicator indicates that those records as Suppressed and will not go out.

records in syndicator get suppressed by two means:

- Suppress unchanged records

- Suppress records without keys.

These are two properties in the syndicator under the Map properties tab.

check to see if any of these properties are ticked or not.

If they are ticked it means the changed record will be syndicated only once in the outbound ready folder.After syndiacting once it gets suppressed in MDM by this property.

So when you must have executed the manual syndication on the records it got syndicated after that the records got suppressed and will nt be detected by the MDSS for syndication and so is greyed out.

To send those records again those records must have atleast one of their field values changed/modified.

Or it could be that the suppress records without keys are ticked ,in this case records without a Remote key in other words records created manully in MDM which do not hold a key field value will get suppressed in MDM syndicator.

You either will have to provide a key to those records or uncheck the property to allow syndicaion of those records

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Let me re-phrase my Question, may be it will be more clear to undersatnd --

We have a critical issue while syndicating data. Records imported (mdis) by source file into Data Manager & were modified and syndicated using (mdss) to outbound ready folder. We find some modified records missing in file prodcued in the outbound ready folder.

Note: we syndicate only modified records to outbound folder.

Data is updated in MDM but data is not updated in other ERP system, because of the missing records in outbound folder file.

When we did this process manually i.e. modifying the records directly in Data Manager rather than sending a source file, then these reords got syndicated and found in the outbound file.

Could you please guide me ASAP.

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Edited by: srihari reddy on Nov 12, 2008 11:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether you have additional filters in Syndicator map which is preventing records from syndication ?

Thanks,

Anand K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

We find some modified records missing in file prodcued in the outbound ready folder.

- These Modified records which you are finding missing in the outbound folder,are they greyed out in MDM syndicator.

- If so then check the values of these records for the field which it has got updated as per the incoming source file.

- If you are finding the field value changed to the new value as per the source file,then this record must not be greyed out but enabled for syndication.and if the records field value is still showing the old value,then it means it has not updated to the new value from the source file and so will rightly be supressed as per the property adn so greyed out.As only modified records will get syndiacted unchanged records will be suppressed by the property(Suppress unchanged records).

Try the following

- Firstly check your import map's Import action it should have Create for new records and Update all mapped fields for existing records ,if this is not teh case then the new values coming from the source will not get updated in data manager.

- Check you processing interval in the mdss.ini file. check by keeping a value of say 20 sec and then monitor the process slowly.

- Try importing a small set of records through the import server say 5 records with certain field values modified and then check in the data manager if the changes are imported,if so then those records must not show grey in the syndicator.

- Records shown grey in the syndicator clearly indicates that they are being suppressed and will not go out

Make sure you have enabled key mapping if you are importing from remote system and map teh unique field from source to the remote key field in the destination.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

Thanks for your updates.

We find some modified records missing in file prodcued in the outbound ready folder.

We found this issue on later Date after records were modified.

These Modified records which you are finding missing in the outbound folder,are they greyed out in MDM syndicator.

We had an update of these records on later dates after records were modified in Data Manager. Now , these records are greyed out and we find the modification of records in syndicator.

If so then check the values of these records for the field which it has got updated as per the incoming source file.

+ Records checked & found modified+.

If you are finding the field value changed to the new value as per the source file,then this record must not be greyed out but enabled for syndication.and if the records field value is still showing the old value,then it means it has not updated to the new value from the source file and so will rightly be supressed as per the property adn so greyed out.As only modified records will get syndiacted unchanged records will be suppressed by the property(Suppress unchanged records).

+ We use mdss for syndicating records. Process type - Automatic & Process Interval -continoues. So when ever there is change of values in Data Manager, then records are automatically syndicated to outbound folder, because of which all the records in the object pane of syndicator will be in grey color, after auto syndication.+

Try the following

Firstly check your import map's Import action it should have Create for new records and Update all mapped fields for existing records ,if this is not teh case then the new values coming from the source will not get updated in data manager.

Its checked & we maintain same while Importing Records.

Check you processing interval in the mdss.ini file. check by keeping a value of say 20 sec and then monitor the process slowly.

+ Processing interval in our mdss.ini file - 30+

Try importing a small set of records through the import server say 5 records with certain field values modified and then check in the data manager if the changes are imported,if so then those records must not show grey in the syndicator.

+ We use mdis to import data & mdss to syndicate data, when data is syndicated automatically , according to my understanding records in the syndicator object plane will be in grey color+.

*Records shown grey in the syndicator clearly indicates that they are being suppressed and will not go out

Make sure you have enabled key mapping if you are importing from remote system and map teh unique field from source to the remote key field in the destination*.

We have maintain Key Mapping = Yes.

Still i have a problem while syndicating Records.

• Is the any way to find out that Number of records values created or modified in Data Manger = Number of records syndicated from syndicator.*

Does syndicator produce any kind of logs or any configuration/settings shuld be activated??

Kindly advice.

cheers

srihari Reddy.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

usually an import of data into MDM does not trigger an automated syndication. You either have to change the records in MDM or trigger their syndication manually if you want to syndicate them immediately.

The reason why the records are not syndicated automatically is simply a loop prevention. Imagine MDM is syndicating imported records automatically. Imagine that the target system (e.g. an ERP system) is doing the same. Then you'd have created an endless loop: the same message would be send from ERP to MDM to ERP to MDM, and so on all the time.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

we get daily data from sites(compnaies) and we use FTP to load these records into our MDM. MDM takes these records using mdis, create new records, modifies or updates existing records. The records which are created or modifed in the Data Manager are syndicated to outbound folder and from where XI picks up and sends to the Other ERP system.

Now, my issue is, we got records into MDM and there was an modification of data and these records were syndicated by mdss, but i could not see these records in outbound ready or archive folder.

Means what could be the reason, i don't find modified records in outbound ready folder for XI to pick up. i could see these records in syndicator (in grey color) and don't see any records struck in syndicator.

where did these records go????

could you guide me with a solution how to fix this issue please

cheers

Srihari Reddy

Edited by: srihari reddy on Nov 12, 2008 9:41 AM