cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SD and I need to know about billing. Could anyone explain me about what is billing and give an overview of the same.

Thanks and regards

Aparna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna

Billing is the final process for SD department in Sales process chain. Next step in the sales process is Payment, but it is FI area.

During Billing step, we bill the Orders or Deliveries as applicable.

For individual billing we use t.code VF01 and for collective processing we use t.code VF04.

For order service, we do not do any physical delivery. For this type of item billing is created directly from the Sales order. This type of Billing is called Order related billing and items in it are called order related items.

Order related billing are normally represented by Billing type F1.

For standard items , we create physical delivery, so billing is created with reference to the Delivery document. This type of Billing is called Delivery related Billing and items in it are called delivery related items.

Delivery related Billing is normally represented by Billing type F2 in standard system.

This F2 type of billing ,we normally call as invoice.

Similarly, there are various type of Billing documents like "G2 (Credit memo)", L2(Debit memo),F5(Proforma invoice from order), F8 (Proforma invoice from delivery), BV (Cash sale) etc.

Once Billing document is saved, data are transfered to FI department and an Accounting document is created in FI against the billing document which can be seen in the dicument flow.

So, Billing is the SD-FI interface.

When Billing is created and saved,

- Debit posting in the Customer receiviable aacount and credit posting is made to revenue account.

- sales information system is updated.

- customer's credit consumption limit is updated

- accounting document is generated

- status of the delivery document goes to "completed" from "Being process" in the document flow.

I hope, this may satisfy your requirement.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aparna,

In SAP, all the document through which Customer's Accounts and Coporate Account are updated.

Some of Billing Types: Invoices, Credit Memos, Debit memos, Proforma invoices and Revert Billing.

Billing could be done with reference to either:

1. Order-related-Billing (VTFA)

2. Delivery-related-Billing (VTFL)

For more info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/4a/ac853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Extend the search from left-hand tree structure and read.

Best Regards,

Amit