cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ejb method as webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

i Developed EJB module project and it contain Stateless session Bean , i Exposed it as webservice.

Its working fine.

Now i want to Add more methods to Bean,After adding the methods to Existing bean while again i deployed .jar file and .EAR file .the adding methods are not reflected in webservice.

what i need to do adding methods to bean are reflected to Webservice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

Once you have modified the EJB and added you methods, you'll need to update the Web Service too.

There is no way, to update the Web Service directly from the NWDS. The simple thing will be to:

- Delete the Web Service from the Project

- and Create a New Web Service with the same name, and in the process of creation, Select all the methods that you need to add to the Web Service.

While deleting the Web Service remeber to delete the Virtual Interface, Web Service Defn, andthe Web Service Configuration.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Alka ,

thanks for reply to my issue..

i agree with u .

But that previous webservice is imported as model to other project.

As u saying that means we are creating the new webservice with old and same name..

it will effect the webdynpro model..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

With Web Dynpro models, other than Java Bean model, there is always an option to Re-import the model.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

Delete the web service.

Build+ Deploy your project ejb & ear.

Just confirm through web service navigator. Those web services should not be visible there.

Now recreate the web service you need and check the methods you wanna expose in Web Service.

build + deploy again. Test the Web Service.

If successfull, then re-import in web dynpro from the context menu. It will show you the delta changes.

-Kunal Kotak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Undeploye your EJB module first and then deploye it ance agian.

after deployeing try to test Webserive on protal side see if it working over there or not.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Anup..

in j2ee explore .. iam seeing my project and in Context menu iam not able to see undepployee option.

where we can see the undeployee option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Undeploy using SDM.

Rgds,

Anagha

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eswar,

You have to do it manually, go to the portal home page and then login to "Web Services Navigator "

there u find ur websevice from there u can undeploye it.

OR Use SDM

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

thanks fo rgiving reply.

i follow your path , i log into portal webservice Navigator there i can see my webservice .

But iam not able to see the option undeployee...

i have no rights of SDM tool.

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are u getting delete option. if yes then del it .if not the ask any system admin guys who will perfom either of test(SDM or frm protal)