cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in ALERT

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is to create a plannedorder using the RFC.

Scenario is file to RFC.I am doing this scenario with out bpm.

If any network error comes, i need to send an email which contains the material number(It is a field in the input message) .

How can i access this material number in the long text while creating the Alert in ALRTCATDEF.

In BPM using container operation i can pass this material number.

With out BPM how can i achieve this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think u can not raise alert for network related issues or the R3 system is down.

can u tell me wats ur requirement.

u can raise alert from UDF u need to pass all the parameters to SALERT_CREATE function module which will raise the alert error message.

just follow the below link.

Michal Krawczyk alert

Configuration steps are: go to transaction ALRTCATDEF

1) Define Alert Category

2) Create container elements which are used for holding an error messages.

3) Recipient Determination.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/alert%2bconfiguration%2bin%2bxi

Triggering by Calling a Function Module Directly.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chirag,

i think it is possible.

her scenario is file to rfc and requirment is , when ever xi not able to call rfc an alert need to be triggered along with material no.

this can be achived as followes.

the rfc need to return some field . if xi call to rfc is successful than is must exist in return parameter.

in the responce mapping check for the existance of this field.if it does't exist then raise the alert using udf (as given by bhavesh blog).

regards,

navneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m talking about the possibility when ur conncetion is not establish or the R3 system is down.

If there is a correct connection then u can check the same in RFC and rasie an alert.

still the requirement clear to me so I am awaiting for the same.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag

If the R/3 sysstem is down i thought i can handle that error in the adapter.

I am not concentrating on this , my aim is to create an alert and the alert message should contain a field in the pay load.

I think with out BPM i cant achieve this , or i need to write a UDF which will trigger the alert as explained by Bhavesh

Regards

Divia

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u can go step by step process suggested by bhavesh.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi divia,

yes u can trigger alert with ur material no.

for this please go through the bhavesh link . here he used the rfc lookup to trigger alert and

the rfc is SALERT_CREATE .

here u r creating ur own container element and filling the value of it with use of rfc at run time.

use this container at long text .

regards,

navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedivia

I had already told we have fixed parameters to be used for ALRTCATDEF using BPM only you can pass the material number.

You can try raising the alert with UDF. Not sure if it work for you

Thanks

Gaurav