cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine what usage type I have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed the NW 7.0 on Windows 2003 32-bit with MS SQL Server 2005, but faced with the problems on configuration of PI component, so I'm trying to troubleshoot and go through the installation again to see what I might have missed.

In the Installation Guide for ABAPJave I see phrases like I need ABAPJava "usage type", but I do not see any references on how to select the usage type and during the installation of the SAP System from the DVD "SAP Solution Manager" I was not asked to select the usage type.

What I was installing is (from SAPInst menu): SAP Installation Master>SAP Solution Manager 4.0 SR3>SAP Systems>MS SQL Server 2005>Central System>Central System Installation.

In the description provided by SAP Inst I see the following:

"At least one of the basis usage types AS ABAP or AS Java is required. The following instances will be installed:

- Central Services Instance (SCS) - with usage types based on AS Java

- Database Instance

- Central Instance"

My questions are:

1. Does the citation above mean I need to install ABAP separately and by default I will have only Java stack?

2. If yes, what are the installation steps for ABAP (any manual is welcome)?

3. If ABAP+Java will be installed by default, is there any chance to check ABAP is installed and Java is installed? Maybe launch something that will only work in case each of them is installed..

Thanks,

Maxim.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxim, why you MIX the NW and SOLMAN, first you say ABOUT PI and NW, after you trying to check in SOL MAN installation some information ??

SOLMAN "central system" installs both , ABAP and JAVA try to read Instguide for SOL MAN ...

About PI and netweaver installation --> in same link as you post by for NW -->

SAP NetWeaver 2004s Support Release --> SAP systems --> DB --> Central system --> central system installation , --> The sapinst ASK you the "usage types" you will se the table and can select required

AS ABAP

AS Java

BI Java

DI

EP Core

EP

MI

PI

and here you can select the required usage types.... As i know many usage types you can add after installation to , but "Home" is your problem -->

It is not possible to install PI as an additional UT.

You can install an SAP system with PI only from scratch

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your reply. I now realize that SAP just didn't send me all the media and installing SAP Solution Manager that asked for SAP NetWeaver Kernel I was under impression I really installed SAP NW, but that is not true.

Thanks,

Maxim.