cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing classification data with BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to transport classification data from external DMS to SAP with default BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE function (so that I don't need to change that BAPI)?

In the Tables tab (of BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE) I see that there is table for Classes (CLASSALLOCATIONS) and Characteristics (CHARACTERISTICVALUES), but I don't know the how to import values to this tables.

How should the parameter for inserting classes and characteristics data look like (for example for inserting document type it is necessary to write to object DOCUMENTDATA.DOCUMENTTYPE)?

Should it be something like: CHARACTERISTICVALUES.CLASSTYPE for class type?

Is it necessary to add import parameters for classes and characteristics to insert this data?

I have defined classes and characteristics for document type which I want to import to SAP (create document info record), and when I manually insert that data - everything worksfine.

Thanks for help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karlo,

Inorder to find answers to your questions I reccommend that you do the following.

1. Go to transaction SE 37 ( If you do not have authorization obtain one, normally an ABAP auth).

2. Type the name of the FM as BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE

3. Press F8

4. Goto --> Documentation

5. SAP has given a sample program, there.

6. You can copy the code, create a test ABAP program and test with different values for the class and characterestics and try to post the document.

7. Also in the documentation, you will find an explanation from SAP on the use of the BAPI.

If you have further questions, let me know,

Sojan