cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Process Receiver Determination Step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

May I know whether the "Receiver Determination Step" (in Integration Process) that collects the list of receivers configured, can be used only to find list of asynchronous receivers?

Can't we use this "Receiver Determination Step" in synchronous scenario? If yes, may i know how to?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Saravanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The receiver determination step calls the receiver determination that you configured in the Integration Directory and returns the receiver list. It doesn't care if the receiver is Sync/Async.

Try if possible with Send Context

Edited by: Anand on Nov 11, 2008 10:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand!

But in "Message" field in "Receiver Determination Step", we provide just the request part, which is asynchronous abstract interface. So may i know how it finds all the synchronous receivers?

Also, i am working with same scenario, it is not determining the sychronous receivers.

I do not know how to use send context here, because I have more than one synchronous receivers.

Best Regards,

Saravanan N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sarvanan

We use a receiver determination to get a list of receivers for a subsequent send step. The receiver determination step calls the receiver determination that you configured in the Integration Directory and returns the receiver list without considering sync or async

Use multi casting for your requirement. Get the response message using correlation

Useful thread

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gaurav!

I can understand we can use multi-casting.

To clearly put my scenario, I have to use synchronous send (so cannot split send and receive step, and so no need of correlation) in my BPM, which have to synchronously send (and so it receives within same step) message to multiple receivers. This is the reason I am trying to use receiver determination step first and in a loop trying to synchronously send message to each receiver and receiving response.

Now my problem is in the receiver determination step, it is not identifying any of the receivers configured in the integration directory. The receiver determination list returns empty.

So, I want to know whether this receiver determination step is only for async receivers or synchronous receivers also.

Best Regards,

Saravanan N

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I think other than multi cast it will not send messages to the receiver defined. As per my understanding it will not identify the receivers which has to send response. Even send context wont help. In a way you are correct that it is sending request which is async.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav!

Experts, any other suggestions / inputs plz!?

Best Regards,

Saravanan N

Answers (0)