Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Finished product needs to be shipped in 2 separate crates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a unique business requirement

The company manufactures a finished product that needs to be shipped in 2 crates

How would this delivery split be achived in SAP?

Note we dont want to use BOM

just one material but need to be shipped in 2 crates.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread and let me know whether it really helps you

[Multiple Deliveries |]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

if the order quantity of the material is more than 1, i suppose you can do delivery splits with the packing option.

however, if your quantity is 1, and you wish to ship the finished product using at least 2 different delivery documents, i believe you must use a BOM with components. the components need to be packed separately. the BOM will most likely be crucial since you would want the components to be specified in the delivery documents, and they would most likely be of different specifications.

you can try another alternative without BOM by using alternate units of measure. for example: 1 unit finished product = 2 pcs of product. you can then crate each pc.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan y on Nov 12, 2008 3:32 PM

Edited by: jonathan y on Nov 12, 2008 3:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the crate contains fixed quantity of the material . Then U can write a code in copy control at item level based on that so that order gets split into two different deliveries.

Thx,

Pramod

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dspsac

Delivery split takes place if the following data occurs

Ship to party

route

unloading point

Delivery date

Shipping point

So as per your requirement maintain different routes and check it may work .As in route determination we will be assigning the transportation grp.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

The route will be the same

I just need to single material be loaded in 2 separate crates and shipped to the same place

How to achieve this?