cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly sales forecast file upload new combinations not getting loaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For one of our planning areas, I get sales forecast as spread sheet and upload this to the infocube.

We run CIF daily and monthly also to include all new material.

When I upload the file when I checked the log everything went fine with 3 warnings for 3 products with message "contents of the infocube not contained in BasicPlobStruc.

Now these material are already in APO by Sold to party is new and there is no combination to this Sold to party and hence the the data did not get loaded.

Now my Client wants to change whatever required so that all new combinations data are included in when month end sales forecast is loaded.

Can you advice what needs to be done as ther are large number of products I wont which are new combinations and as far as my knowledge is concerned , since there is no history CVC's are not automatically created.

Can anyone advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

To b frank I did not completely understand what you are talking about as you are all over.

As I understand you are getting excel file for sales forecast and you upload the flat file to cube and generate CVCs based on this cube. You are not able to generate the CVCs for all combinations in the cube.

"Sold to party is new"-- where is this new? in the cube data?

"contents of the infocube not contained in BasicPlobStruc." - You get this warning if you have lets say 4 characteristics in your cube and only 3 of them in the planning object structure. This is ok. The rule of thumb is that "Your planning object structure has to be subset of your infocube". Which means that you cannot have 3 characteristics in cube and have all those 3 +1 additional in POS.

This still does not stop the system from creating all combinations int he cube as CVCs.

The possible reasons why the combinations(CVCs) are not generated from cube:

1. If there are empty values in a record like below

Plant--Materialsales org.-customer---qty.

P1--

M1
SO1

____

P2--

M2
SO2

C2
--

The system only creates the combination P2M2SO2C2 but leaves out the first combination..Why? you have an empty value and system cannot take it so it leaves it out.

2. If you are checking the flag "Check SCM master data" in MC62 while CVC creation. The system checks the master data for products, locations and if the product or location does not exist the system doesnot create the corresponding combination.

Please correct me if I misunderstood you and also do not hesitate to ask more questions for clarity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clear explanation.

This sold to party is new to the infocube , and I also checked the record in spread sheet all the fields are correct.

But one thing I noticed when I checked the content in inofcube material group column in the infocube did not get populated.

And Material group is not part of spread sheet and I think this gets populated automatically based on material.

Is there any other job that nes to be run to gets these products also into planning book.

Sivarama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Is the material group attribute of material? When ever you load the master data you need to run attribute change run for the master data. Then the attributes are updated every where the material is used.

Load the master data and then in RSA1 in infoprovider area extras> run attribute change run and select your characteristic and run the change run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Visu for all the information, however could you explain the exact path of where to find Extras option in Rsa1 Info provider area.

"RSA1 in infoprovider area extras> run attribute change run and select your characteristic and run the change run."

We are using SCM 4.1 with BW 3.5 version.

Sivarama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. it's not extras. It's tools.

Here is the exact path:

RSA1>InfoProvider section:

Menu Tools>Apply Hierarchy/Attribute change....

In the next screen Click on "Infoobject List"

Select only required objects and hit save.

Click Execute.

Alternatively you can also use the program RSDDS_AGGREGATES_MAINTAIN, select your characteristic (material) and execute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem is resoved, I did the following

As Adivised I ran Applied Hirarchy/Attribute change and than I selected from RSA1> Inof object and I selected teh Info object Material> Right Clicked and Activated Master Data.

MAterial Group data in getting oppulated.

Thanks for all your help and Support.

Siva