cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install multiple MaxDB Instances with different program folders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to install a LiveCach on one host that already has a MaxDB running with an older version.

Since the program files are at /sapdb/programs it seems that these files are shared among the MaxDB databases.

Is it possible and/or necessary to have a seperate /sapdb/programs folder for those two databases?

What can I do in case of sepearting the program files for the two MaxDB databases with different versione?

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

"I have to install a LiveCach on one host that already has a MaxDB running with an older version.

Since the program files are at /sapdb/programs it seems that these files are shared among the MaxDB databases.

Is it possible and/or necessary to have a seperate /sapdb/programs folder for those two databases?"

It's not possible to separate /sapdb/programs folder for two running databases installed on one server, you could have one Xserver running on the server. And it's not necessary, the independent database software is downward compatible.

The independent database software installed on the server in the IndepProgPath, by the default SAP database installation in /sapdb/programs on

UNIX/LINUX machine.

-> For SAP liveCache documentation see the SAP note 767598

-> Please see the document at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/maxdb/main ->MaxDB Support Guide

-> MaxDB directory structure

-> As you know, MaxDB and liveCache allows you to run several instances of different versions on a single server. And some software components are stored only once on a server. For SAP documentation relating to the software directories, see:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/1549d945f71a74e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm .

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina