cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display SXMB_MONI XML errors in Solution Manager (CEN)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Requirement is to display the XML error messages in SXMB_MONI in our Solution Manager (CEN)? Could you please let me know the major steps that would be involved on the same?

Please share your thoughts!

Thank You,

Antarpreet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add the Logging and trace Parameter to track the message flow and level of tracking you want on the IE administration.

Category: RUNTIME

Parameter: Logging Value = 1.

this will track the messge flow on the IS, which you can view by SXMB_MONI.

to what level of message information you want use

Parameter: Trace (check help for values gives more details information.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

I want to capture the XML errors in SXMB_MONI in Solution Manager System in the form of alerts!

Please suggest!

Thank You,

Antarpreet

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My apologies not reading it properly....

Solution manager also usess the same concepts of the CCMS as we do it in XI, so you can setup the XI envinorment details in solution manager and try to capture the alerts....

Here are the Steps:

Prereq:

All Satellite systems connected from Solution Manager on the "Transaction SMSY" screen.

Prepare RFC connections between Solution Manager and Satellite systems for data collection ( RZ20 Data collection RFCs)

Steps:

1. Register "SAPCCMSR" and "SAPCCM4.X" on Sattilite Systems to report ABAP and Java stacks in local systems and report to Solution manager System

2. On Solution Manager System ( Acting as Central System) configure CCMS monitoring sets fromRZ20.

3. RZ21 --> configure CCMS pings alert monitoring.

all info with step by step guide avalible from Solution Manager configuration guides and http://service.sap.com/rkt

( This ref from solution manager forum)

check this link also:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7858198/Solution-Manager-SAP-NW2004S-Monitoring-Setup-Guide-SP12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nisar,

Thanks for the thoughts!

Just some updates:

1) Sol Man is already monitoring PI system

2) Availability monitoring has also been setup

But the PI alerts are only visible in PI RZ20 Monitor set and are not visible in Solution Manager RZ20?

Thanks,

Antarpreet

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can u list down the steps you have done to monitor XI from SM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nisar,

I am struggling to figure out the steps that needs to be done!

I want to confirm whether do these XML error messages visible in SXMB_MONI get captured in PI servers RZ20 monitor set?

Thanks Again!

Antarpreet

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on what are the areas you have choosen to monitor from SM, what i mean is (IE or AE)

yes you can see the XML error messages from SXMB_MONI (like error in AE) in SM....