cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSMobile in 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I Need to use ITSMobile in ERP 4.7, it is possible?

What the prerequisites and what I need to install.

Thanks for all information.

Diego Bortolucci

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

yes ITSmobile is available for R/3 4.7. You should have at least basis SP 64 and ITS 6.20 27. Better go to a current support package and ITS 6.20 patchlevel. You can find further information on the SAP help portal help.sap.com or in the ITSmobile wiki https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/ITSmobile

With kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too am running under 4.7.

I have implemented a ton of transactions with websapconsole. Got it running at a bunch of plants, and supporting various languages. I understand from some notes this will no longer be supported for future releases, and ITSMobile is supposedly the way to go.

Does anyone know if this ITSMobile is planned to be supported? I was told by a vendor trying to sell their 3rd part tools and services that SAP is also dropping support for ITSMobile. Trying to see if there is any truth to this.

Second question (assuming ITSMobile is going to be around), is there any usable parts to the websapconsole transactions we have built. In other words, can I migrate any of the existing code?

thanks

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clyde,

That SAP is dropping support for ITSmobile is NOT TRUE!!

ITSmobile is supported longterm. We integrated ITSmobile in all SAP release beginning with 4.6C. ITSmobile as a part of the SAP system is therefore supported as long as the SAP release itself. Regarding support there is no difference between both.

You can use you code for sure. The only thing you have to do is to generate templates for each screen and make sure that the screen size set to the dimensions of the mobile device. Other than in WebSAConsole you have full control over the generated HTML. ITSmobile can therefore be used with any device.

Best regards,

Klaus Layer

Development Manager, ITSmobile SAP AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

We have the following platform:

SAP BASIS: 6.20

SUPPORT PACKAGE: 53

SAP RELASE: 4.70

We are going to install ITS mobile (as standalone server): do you think the support package 53 is enough? Is there a minimum prerequisites? In case we are not going to install any additional SP, is there a specific note to install what missing?

Thanks a lot

marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

U just need to check in SICF transaction that the two standard services itsmobile00 & its mobile01 are present or not.

If these services are present then no addon is required.

Also u can follow the below shown link to know more about ITS mobile.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/ITSmobile

Regards,

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

I have checked and we do not hve any ITS mobile service (active or inactive). It is important to specify that we do not have yet installed the ITS mobile, so that probably it is due to this reason. Can you please confirm it?

With our current platform ITS can be installed wihout any problem; I would like to unuderstand if the current platform can represent an issue for ITS mobile. In case we miss something do you think we can hovewer proceed wth the screen conversion (in another system importing the HML in our system)? Do we miss some RF functionalieties?

Thanks in advance for your attention.