cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phased out material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When a material is to be phased-out the field X-plant material status in the material master view Basic 1 is used. This then inform then user when creating a purchase- and sales order that the product is to be phased-out.

When I create the sales order I need to see the warning/error message or it should not allow me to save order with phase out material.

Can you please explain where and what settings to be check in the system to avoid that as presently we have that problem.

Thanks

Bawa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bawa,

X-field material status is applicable to block the material for purchasing and production.Howver, to block the sales order u have to use tcode MM06 and set the deletion flag against the material may be at Sales Org/Dis Chnl level or plant level or as a whole.Then it will throw warning msg while creating the Sales Order.

Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

material inactive

Go to OVSU, select "01" and click on blue lens on top so that you will see some list of tabs. In that maintain B in Block for order field and save.

Now go to material master Sales: sales org.1 tab and assign 01 for the field X-distr.chain status. By doing so, for that particular material, sale order cannot be created from any sales area

Hope this helps you This should 100% fulfill your rtequirement

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 12, 2008 8:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bawa,

U can use dc specific status for this purpose. Define sales specific status for the material .

Like 01 active

02. Phased out . u cam maintain warning and error messgae here at different levels like quotation , order etc.

Thx,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Promod,

Can you please explain how to do this.

Thanks

Bawa